+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My husband has already gotten engaged and we've haven't even been divorced a year.

My husband has already gotten engaged and we've haven't even been divorced a year.

I guess I should expect this from him, as he proposed to me after only a few weeks.
    But he was the only guy I let into my heart, and I felt like I might have really loved him.
    We were married for two years, but he left me a few months back because of a sexual problem I have (which I will go into further detail about later), which obliterated me emotionally.

During the course of our marriage he had started a thriving dentistry office in the Bay Area, CA and we became quite wealthy quickly.
    In the divorce settlement he made an offer to me that would leave me quite well off provided I sign over custody of our only child because he told me I was a bad mother and our daughter would be much better off with him.
    So now the house is so quiet and empty for the most part and it kills me inside because I miss having someone there.
    So surely you can understand my devastation when I heard him and his girlfriend were engaged after such a short time.
    Everyone assures me he wasn't cheating, but how can I really know if he found someone this quickly?

Okay, so there are a couple of complications he's thrown in my face, as in mistakes I made and mistakes HE made.
    For example, one mistake I made was occasionally have company over while I was watching our child.
    I would get so wrapped up in entertaining, I would forget about our daughter and she once or twice got left outside all night.
    We live in a relatively safe neighborhood and she was dressed up all nice so it's not like she would freeze.
    And one night, although it rained, she was just fine the next morning.
    I know you guys might be thinking I'm a monster, but I'm simply forgetful.
    Our child is still in good health, for the most part.

Also my sexual problem is that I am sexually compulsive and it's hard for me to not have risky sex, so I might have slipped up a few times and made love to a few guys, but I never LOVED any of them nor would I consider engaging in matrimony with them.
    Also, when we first got together, it was a one night stand, so he should have known ahead of time that I was sexually expressive.
    Also, he refused to let any other people into our sex life, including other women, which I have no problem engaging in sexual acts with.
    So with all this information, even with me deliberately leaving out a few details, he should have already known what a sex kitten I am.
    Also, before we got married, I had told him I had lost track of the number of men I have had sex with and it could be well over two hundred by then.
    That should be a dead give away.
    But even though I had unplanned sex sometimes, the paternity test showed conclusively that our child IS in fact his, and it's not like I ever fell in love with anyone else.

Also, a problem that arose early in our relationship is I enjoy occasionally taking some recreational drugs such as marijuana and sometimes cocaine or meth or the like.
    He is quite conservative to the point where he doesn't even like me taking a little bit of coke, even when I would do it only in his company or just as a joke.

But he was a little neglectful, himself.
    He assumed that because I refuse to work, that I should be stuck at home all day with a kid to raise by myself, when he's out working on God knows whose teeth with God knows who as his assists.
    It got to the point where even our weekends together weren't really together because I could tell he was thinking about work. It was all he could talk. "Steve Jobs came in to have his teeth worked on". I don't really know who this guy is, but I am not and have never been a member of the working class, so why should I care about some guy named "Jobs"?
    It also bugged me how over protective he is of our daughter because he cleaned her bottles after, like, every use and insisted on changing her diapers immediately after she went.
    Plus, since he didn't like me leaving her at home while I was at the mall, I would take her stroller and leave it in the care of the employees because I know they wouldn't just hire any old baby raper of the streets.
    It often felt like he loved that baby more than me, with hurt.

So even after the small mistakes that I admit that I made, and all the mistakes that he probably didn't even confess to me, he gets engaged so fast I don't know how to cope emotionally?
    I often wonder if he did it just to get me upset.
    I don't know this woman or if she will be a good mother to my dear child.

How do I deal with this betrayal?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ahh, the first of the school break trolls. welcome, troll!!!

I think you should marry a foreigner looking for a green card, or a gangster with a criminal record BEFORE your ex gets married. That will teach him!!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I live in the Bay Area... Sad thing is its probably AAAALLLLLL true...
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

I don't think I'm ready for marriage again.
    I married too soon and it got me nothing but anguish and heart ache.

And I'm not a troll!
    That is a recent photo of me.
    Plus, guys tell me I'm pretty all the time so you can enjoy being a social reject elsewhere!

That is sooo obviously a troll post. What a woeful effort at attention seeking

Is this really how some people pass time? lol That was amusing to read.
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

well written!
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Ha, this is a joke right?

Thoroughly entertaining. 10 out of 10 for effort

Cool story, bro!
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

'Also, a problem that arose early in our relationship is I enjoy occasionally taking some recreational drugs such as marijuana and sometimes cocaine or meth or the like.
    He is quite conservative to the point where he doesn't even like me taking a little bit of coke, even when I would do it only in his company or just as a joke.'

That's the funniest thing I have read all evening. Thankyou.

Cocaine 'as a joke'. I'm going to try that.

wtf..............

The responses are funnier than the troll post itself! Made my laugh!!

if you arent a troll you need some mental help.. go to a psychologist as you have some issues

I seriously don't get why you guys keep calling me a troll.
    What is that supposed to even mean?
    I'm super hot and I live in a beautiful house so.... that's not troll like.
    You guys are super immature and insensitive to be so unsupportive in my time of crisis.
    I'm suffering and you guys just laugh at my anguish and call me a troll.
    I can see why you guys are on a forum for love advise.
    You clearly need it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast