+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed signals!!!!

Mixed signals!!!!

I met my BF in January. We dated for three week and had a great time together. Then he told me that the relationship "didnt feel right" and broke it off. I told him that we both needed time to just be friends and get to know one another better. He agreed. He toted me daily and we did spend a limited amount of time together. He then told me that he was a jerk and wanted me back. I told him that I was interested in continuing a relationship but we needed to spend more time together vs txting. To make a long story short.... I broke off the relationship with him due to the fact that he didn't make much effort to grow the relationship. Out of all of my relationships; I am most attracted and has had the best time with him. We both went our separate ways but we would either Facebook each other or txt from time to Time I think because neither of us wanted to loose contact. we have been apart for 4 months. "out of the blue" he txted me and tod me he missed me. We ended up on a date, swimming, playing video games and taking about our past relationship and how it went down. He was cuddly and kissed me goodnight. I did tell him that I was casually seeing someone else but I liked hi more. We agreed that we would date and again spend tome getting to know each other. He did tell me that he would be jealous of my relationship with Doug but it was ok. He then asked me on a movie date. He held my hand, we went to his house and played Video games. We then went to his room and watched a movie and cuddled. He fell asleep and I went downstairs and spent the rest of the night on the couch. When I woke up he wax asleep on the chair next to me. When he woke up he asked me if I was going to see Doug that day. I told him yes but reiterated that I would rather spend the day with him. He got up, told me to get in the car and took me home. That might I told him that I was upset about his jealousy about Doug, liked him better etc.... He told me to keep seeing Doug, he as leaving for college (one hr away) and not to wait around for him. I told me that if we were to have a relationship that I would need to attend his college and then told me that he did not want to loose me as a friend. I toted him a few days later and wished him the best at school and that I was glad we reconnected. He told me that he cared for me and wanted to stay friends. I feel so lost and conflicted. How can he be so hot and cold? Should I move on.? My mom thinks that since he was such a jerk the first time we dated he is afraid to make the same mistake and is using school as a shield. I have chosen to give him time and I am continuing to see Doug, more as friends then anything else.......

He sounds like he has conflicting feelings about leaving you and going to college. He might meet someone else at college. If you want to date while he's at college, do so but assume he will see other people at college also.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Seems like Doug is getting pretty screwed here.

I think your mom is right. Also it looks like he doesn't know what he wants in a relationship.

He doesn't know what he wants. You don't know what you want. Doug might be the only one here who knows what he wants, and he is getting the short end of the stick.

Frankly, it sounds like this guy wanted some casual dating with you before going to school. And I can't imagine he would want anything more than that in the near future.

Also, for future reference, don't compare how much you like one guy with how much you like another. You could say it 487 different ways and it will still come out as "I still want to see other guys because you don't do it for me."

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!