+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 18 yr old with a 34 yr old boyfriend

Oh....I Love this movie

Ok look I came here looking for advice and whether it be good or bad I got what I asked for.Some of you have pissed me off,some of you I have appriciated the advice you gave and some of you have hurt my feelings with some of the things you have said but oh well I guess thats life...people in general are assholes.I think things have gotten a little out of hand on here so this will be my last time on here so anything you say from here on you will be saying to yourselves or to one another.Again thanks for the advice and opinions

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 18dixiegirl View Post
    Ok look I came here looking for advice and whether it be good or bad I got what I asked for.Some of you have pissed me off,some of you I have appriciated the advice you gave and some of you have hurt my feelings with some of the things you have said but oh well I guess thats life...people in general are assholes.I think things have gotten a little out of hand on here so this will be my last time on here so anything you say from here on you will be saying to yourselves or to one another.Again thanks for the advice and opinions
    I can tell you one thing. If you want to have any chance at succeeding with this relationship you're going to have to grow yourself a bit of a spine. You'll get complaints, insults, inappropriate comments from all directions. And if you're going to be so easily hurt you might as well give up right now. If you believe in the relationship, negative comments shouldn't bother you so much.

Hey.....look at it this way. Lorretta Lynn (see above youtube post) was in your exact same situation and look where she is today!!!! Shes a Country Music Legend

.Some of you have pissed me off,
    Really? I had'nt noticed. LOL

oh well I guess thats life...people in general are assholes.
    People are assholes for giving their honest opinions and advice, which you, may I add, asked for? Hmm.
    Let my kiss steal the breath from your lips...<3

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She'll still come back and check what people are posting. I guarantee it.

I think her boyfriend is a disgusting loser. I'm 31, and if any one of my friends came home with a girl that age, I tear them a new one for being a sleazy douchebag. He obviously can't meet girls his own age.....or maybe he just can't keep up mentally with a woman his own age.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I'd be a bit wary of him taking advantage of you :S it does seem like it's moving slightly fast paced... I'm 21 and my bf's 32, and I lost my V to him about 6/7 months into our relationship, but maybe that's us taking things slowly... Maybe you should talk to him and see if he wants this to be a serious thing or if it's just light hearted for him. He wants you to move 4 hours to be with him, did you know he was planning this move?

Well, I only have time to read the first page of posts. And here are my general thoughts that apply to the average person. I'm not saying you're average, you might be more mature than most 18 year olds.

- When I was in high school there were LOTS of girls age 18 who wanted to get married and have kids. My ex GF was one of them. I didn't want kids yet, but she did as soon as she turned 18. So that's why we broke up. (I came from a small town, if that matters.)

- Generally I think people should date at least 10 people before they get married. And don't get married before age 25, because you haven't really defined what you want, and haven't developed the relationship skills for a successful long term relationship.

- Also, I think people should date for at least a year before getting married, and live together at least 6-12 months. You really don't know them until you live together.

- Ignoring what this guy (your bf) says about you, how does he act towards you? Is he respectful? Is he caring? Does he put work into the relationship?

- Getting married isn't the end of your social life. But having kids is severely limiting your social life, especially for the first 2-4 years. So, you might get serious, maybe get married, and still have a social life. But when you have kids, everything stops and the kid becomes the most time-consuming, most important thing in your life.

- And so, just to convince us that you are more mature, how about you list the aspects of a mature relationship? Can you list the fundamentals needed for a successful relationship/marriage? Just list everything you can think of.

- People on this board are making generalizations about the OP because they see this pattern a lot. They see an 18 year old girl have sex, and she automatically thinks "he's the one", which is wrong, because she is making major decisions based on emotions, not facts. We just don't want you to get hurt that's all.

- I prefer dating mature women, and sometimes they are older than me, sometimes not. I'm in my early 40's so I date women +/-7 years my age. At least, that's the way it's turned out for me. For me, age does not matter, but maturity matters.

- And so, if you want to move in with this guy, go ahead, but please don't get married until you live together for 6-12 months. After 12 months you will probably see the real person he is.

I think I can see the perspective of the OPs here. I also move fast in my relationships, but that is ONLY AFTER I talk to them 4-8 hours on the phone asking questions that are important to me like:
    o What type of relationship do you want? (I'm looking for a long-term relationship.)
    o How do you handle communciation in a relationship?
    o How do you handle arguments in a relationship?
    o How important is compromise in a relationship?
    o What are "love languages" and why are they important?

There is no point in me dating the person unless these questions are answered for me. After that, yes I might sleep with the person quickly, because now I know how they will address the concerns I have.
    Last edited by bulrush; 22-08-11 at 08:15 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

No offence but this Subject was like watching Jerry Springer's! .... I want my Jerry Beads....
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Have you ever been married, Bull?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    You know what **** you!And yes some have given good advice that helped me make my decision and others have just told me how stupid and IRRATIONAL I am!!I dont give a **** I have made my decision so it doesnt matter!

My parents dont like the fact that he is so much older than me but they wont "forbid" me from seeing him bc I am 18 and they trust me to make the right decisions.And I came here looking for advice on how to make that right decision and mostly all I have gotten are people like YOU telling me how they hope I do move and learn my lesson!!!

My boyfriend works in construction btw for those wanting to know
    omg the man i was seeing for that short time was also in the construction business. Fkn GAG.

Not saying that it's a bad job, just the similarities are disturbing to me.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567