+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Could he not be taking me seriously?

Could he not be taking me seriously?

Hi,

So there was this guy I liked before. We have known of each other since we were 11 (we are now 24). We were never in the same group of friends growing up but we kept running into each other throughout the years and he was always nice to me. I thought there could be something between us so I sent him a message one day on Facebook asking him out for coffee. He started discussing how he didn't want a gf but he thought I was cute, funny, smart and he was physically attracted to me. I was an idiot and fooled around with him... but I thought it was timing and not me that was the issue. Anyway, I eventually admited my feelings and he told me that he could never like me. So we got into a fight and stopped talking. Later we hung out again and had fun...but then he kissed me again. A month later he told me we couldnt hang out anymore because he was just going to hurt me. He knew I would fall for him again but insists that he could never feel the same way about me. I feel like he can only see me for the girl he thought I was in high school (a bit of a dork) and not the woman I have become. Is it possible that he was never even open to the idea of me being a love interest? Is he just not taking me seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Hi,

So there was this guy I liked before. We have known of each other since we were 11 (we are now 24). We were never in the same group of friends growing up but we kept running into each other throughout the years and he was always nice to me. I thought there could be something between us so I sent him a message one day on Facebook asking him out for coffee. He started discussing how he didn't want a gf but he thought I was cute, funny, smart and he was physically attracted to me. I was an idiot and fooled around with him... but I thought it was timing and not me that was the issue. Anyway, I eventually admited my feelings and he told me that he could never like me. So we got into a fight and stopped talking. Later we hung out again and had fun...but then he kissed me again. A month later he told me we couldnt hang out anymore because he was just going to hurt me. He knew I would fall for him again but insists that he could never feel the same way about me. I feel like he can only see me for the girl he thought I was in high school (a bit of a dork) and not the woman I have become. Is it possible that he was never even open to the idea of me being a love interest? Is he just not taking me seriously?
    He turned you into a **** buddy. You went along with it... unfortunately, he communicated with you exactly what he wanted, and you agreed.

It's highly unlikely you'll ever turn it into a relationship. Best bet is to tell him that's not what you're interested in, and if he wants a relationship to call you, otherwise **** off.

Sorry.

Hate to sound mean or anything but it sounds as if he was never up for anything serious. Honestly darling I wouldn’t waste your time, energy or breath on this guy, he needs to see what he’s missing out on whereas you need to go out and live it up. As I’ve learnt myself, you only live once, why waste your time and heart on someone who isn’t worth it and someone who mistreats you. If he’s gonna treat you like dirt then you gotta turn the other cheek and walk away. If he’s not gonna invest his time in you then you shouldn’t invest your time in him.