+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Taking a break...

Taking a break...

Hello everybody and thanks for taking the time to read this,

Recently my girlfriend and I decided to break up. Here's the story: we were fine on a saturday, we were both having fun and stuff. But we started to drift apart and lose interest in each other. on monday, she told me she felt like crap. she doesn't want to talk about it. this happened for the next two days. then she told me that she wanted to take a break. now it's like I don't even know her anymore, she's always pissy, mad, and having bad days. i finally got the guts to tell her that i still like her and she told me that she still likes me. but she feels like getting back to togher and at the same time she doesn't. and she tells me that she just want to be on a break. When I asked her what she meant by that, she told me "to still be together, but apart." At this point, i'm losing it. should i just wait for her or should I move on? :/

Move on bro, she doesnt know what she wants. its going to be harder if you tag along while shes so confused.

To try to make you still be 'with her' or exclusive yet not be officially together... that doesn't seem reasonable. I'd agree with xwfuro: you should move on because she apparently doesn't know what she wants. You've given her a little time to think about it, and she can't make up her mind.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

Move on, dude. It'll just get icky from here on out.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by common View Post
    Hello everybody and thanks for taking the time to read this,

Recently my girlfriend and I decided to break up. Here's the story: we were fine on a saturday, we were both having fun and stuff. But we started to drift apart and lose interest in each other. on monday, she told me she felt like crap. she doesn't want to talk about it. this happened for the next two days. then she told me that she wanted to take a break. now it's like I don't even know her anymore, she's always pissy, mad, and having bad days. i finally got the guts to tell her that i still like her and she told me that she still likes me. but she feels like getting back to togher and at the same time she doesn't. and she tells me that she just want to be on a break. When I asked her what she meant by that, she told me "to still be together, but apart." At this point, i'm losing it. should i just wait for her or should I move on? :/
    Nope.

I just got out of this same situation. She's confused, she doesn't know what she wants, and she's already looking.

Get out while you can, but DO IT GRACEFULLY. Don't be an asshole. Seriously.

While I'm tending to agree with what the other people of this thread have said, I'd say you both need some time to yourselves and think about your situation.

Spending time apart is almost always a good thing. Go out and spend time with friends, make new friends, have a blast etc.

Clear your mind and then later on see how you feel.

It sounds like she doesn't know exactly what she wants, but isn't willing to cut you loose until she finds it. That's absolutely not fair to you. I would suggest, no matter how hard it is, to walk away from this, not ask her," How long is this break?" or "When do we try again?" Let her figure out what she wants. Maybe with you being out of the picture for a bit, she may realize it's you she wants. Then, again, maybe she realizes it's not you.

Either way, you'll be better off. If it's meant to be, she'll come back. If not, you won't be tagging along behind her hoping she'll let you be her boyfriend again.
    Leon Scott Baxter
    "America's Romance Guru"