+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I made out with a girl I like, but she has a boyfriend

I made out with a girl I like, but she has a boyfriend

Ok so I know it sounds bad that I made out with a girl who has a boyfriend, but I'm pretty sure they dont have the best relationship. They have been together for 3 years now but according to her "he treats me like shit" and all that jazz. One night she even told me that she just needs to break up with him. Well the other night, we went out with some friends, got a little tipsy and in mid-conversation she leans in and starts kissing me. I should probably chalk it up as a drunk makeout session but she really got me when she was cuddling up next me with her head on my shoulder and what not. On the way home she said she wasnt feeling well, like she had to throw up from drinking too much Im going to assume. I felt bad cause she had to work early the next day so I dropped her off. She said goodbye, no hug or anything though.

The next day, I texted her a little after I woke up joking about how she had to work. She responded saying she just called in sick and that she had accidentally blacked out last night... "Well shit" I thought. I felt like a bit of a scum bag when she told me that. Not only because we kissed but also because I am 5 years older than her (Im 25 and she is 20). I had kind of written her off before that because of her age, and Im still kind of hesitant about it now, but the more I hung out around her the more I realized she was a pretty cool and unique girl so I started to drop that guard more and more. Anyways we joked back and forth through text for the next hour or so and that was that. The next night I asked her what she was doing and tried to get her to come out but she already had plans to go to one of our friends graduation parties and wanted to know if I was going. I was already on my way out though to meet up with a friend who was in town so I couldnt make it. She did however tell me to let me know where I was going and maybe she would meet up, but she never made it out. I havent really talked to her at all since then (a couple days ago)

Although I do like this girl a little bit, I am unsure where I stand with all of this and was hoping I could hear everyone's opinion. I'd like to believe otherwise but I am starting to think that maybe she was ashamed, or felt bad, that she made out with me while she is dating this other guy (hence her excuse saying she was blacked out) and just would rather avoid me now. What do you think?

Like I say and suggest, If there's an infidelity involved, I don't want a part of it.

The unpleasant reality is the, "What's to stop her from doing the same if you were to enter a relationship with her?"

God knows the actual cause of her saying the relationship is bad (no credibility, I always feel, unless firsthand observation).

If she did it to him, she'll do it to you. And does he treat her like shit? or is that just what she says. It sounds like trouble to me. She's 20 years old, cheated on her boyfriend, and drinks too much.

she prob uses that as an excuse to get outta a relationship....shes 20...pretty stupid yet for the next 5 years at least. move on.

Sounds like she's making up stories so she can have a fling with you. She hasn't broken up with her bf in 3 years, so the can't be that bad. And she just wants a little variety.

shes 20...pretty stupid yet for the next 5 years at least. move on.
    FF ff ff tch tch tch. Lol. Sad, but this matches my experience also. Which is why I say don't get married until you're 25 or 30.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Yeahh the more I think about it, it is best just to leave it alone. She still has a year or so in college left, and on top of her doing this while she has a bf, I realize that it is just something I dont want to get into. Thanks for the help guys.