+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I being unreasonable?

Pregnancy always changes the game plan. Your BF obviously was too immature to handle an adult crisis. Mathias is right, your BF did dodge a bullet and is running like hell. The reality of it is that it scared the ever living crap out of him.....that's why he responded the way he did.

Before you go boinkin some new dude, make sure you have a very frank conversation about "what if". If he has np expressing his opinion about it, then he is mature enough to handle the situation, because he has prepared himself if it ever did happen.

as for yourself missy.... make sure you use birth control pills if you are sexually active (which ofcourse you are sexually active). Don't be naive into thinking that if you get off the birth control pill you aren't able to get knocked up....in fact, once you stop you have a higher chance of getting knocked up. And always be double protected, use condoms and birth control pills. Then you won't find yourself in this sort of pickle. And for the guys out there....also be very careful. Like Smackie said....carry your own rubbers and use it all the time, you never know what psycho girl is going to want to carry your baby and poke holes in the rubbers in hopes of getting pregnant.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    in fact, once you stop you have a higher chance of getting knocked up.
    In fact? Is there evidence for this?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

OP, I know this must be very, very hard for you. But he has emotions too. He is scared. He should have been there for you emotionally, but he's just not mature enough to handle the situation.

You also have to keep in mind that in this world, the man has no rights in deciding whether to keep a baby, he is just there to pay child support. As far as the law is concerned, a male is just a money pool, not a person with emotions, feelings, or rights. Besides, he probably had no money for child support anyway.

I grew up with a single mom. We lived a life in poverty, she earned $100 above the poverty line, and never could get any welfare or help at all. We lived in a small town so there were no resources for us. And sometimes we went to bed hungry, that was just a fact of life. It was hard and miserable for many many years. I would never ask a single mom to bring children into poverty for any reason. And you made the right choice to not have the baby.

Would it be helpful for me to ask why the birth control failed? Probably not, I don't want to upset you further.

For the guys, here is a reddit post on the thinnest condoms on US Ebay: [URL="http://redd.it/oupp3"]http://redd.it/oupp3[/URL]

Please note that thinner condoms may break more easily if a lot of force is applied to them.
    Last edited by bulrush; 30-01-12 at 10:21 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

yes. A female body is more susceptible of getting pregnant once off the pill than if she was never on it in the first place.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yes. A female body is more susceptible of getting pregnant once off the pill than if she was never on it in the first place.
    Evidence. Not conjecture.

Most published medical journals note that it's slightly more difficult to get pregnant immediately after you stop taking the pill. After the cycle becomes regular again (usually after one cycle), then it's back to normal.

There's definitely an increased rate of pregnancy symptoms when you immediately come off the pill - but these are usually just symptoms, and not actual pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Yes, doctors use the pill as a method for women who have trouble conceiving. This is what my doctor has told me.

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    OP, I know this must be very, very hard for you. But he has emotions too. He is scared. He should have been there for you emotionally, but he's just not mature enough to handle the situation.

You also have to keep in mind that in this world, the man has no rights in deciding whether to keep a baby, he is just there to pay child support. As far as the law is concerned, a male is just a money pool, not a person with emotions, feelings, or rights. Besides, he probably had no money for child support anyway.

I grew up with a single mom. We lived a life in poverty, she earned $100 above the poverty line, and never could get any welfare or help at all. We lived in a small town so there were no resources for us. And sometimes we went to bed hungry, that was just a fact of life. It was hard and miserable for many many years. I would never ask a single mom to bring children into poverty for any reason. And you made the right choice to not have the baby.

Would it be helpful for me to ask why the birth control failed? Probably not, I don't want to upset you further.

For the guys, here is a reddit post on the thinnest condoms on US Ebay: [URL="http://redd.it/oupp3"]http://redd.it/oupp3[/URL]

Please note that thinner condoms may break more easily if a lot of force is applied to them.
    My doctor has suggested to me to use a spermicidal foam while using condoms for proper protection. Yes I have a very proactive doctor lol.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Yes, doctors use the pill as a method for women who have trouble conceiving. This is what my doctor has told me.
    I'll have to ask about this. I suppose it could be some rebound effect of suppressing the follicles (sorry Mathias, still conjecture I know). I really am curious b/c we got pregnant immediately after I went off BC. We used an alternate method for 3 months to allow everything to stabilize before we tried, fyi. But it worked first try. Biology FTW!

LOL, this made me think of Woody Allens 'Everything About Sex'
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 31-01-12 at 02:55 PM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Source? Or is this just anecdotal?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh leave her alone guys. If she has actual data she will (hopefully) post a link. If not, I guess someone else will have to do some research. Not me tho, not atm.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Dump him, dump him, dump him, dump him!! Oh please, save yourself and GET OUT NOW!

Someone who would treat you like this now is not going to treat you any better in the future. Having a child is not the end of the world. You shouldn't have been alone through any of this, he should have been there to support you.
    A sniper is the worst romancer, they never make the first move.

[url]http://scienceblog.com/15729/the-pill-can-help-you-get-pregnant/[/url]

i got pregnant twice....each time was right after i had stopped the birth control pill

[url]http://scienceblog.com/15729/the-pill-can-help-you-get-pregnant/[/url]

i got pregnant twice....each time was right after i had stopped the birth control pill
    So anecdotal evidence and one crackpot website is to be trusted, then? Do you have anything from a peer-reviewed publication? More than one site to offer up? Anything?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I couldn't find the original citation, I didn't look that hard either, but the researcher in question seems to publish regularly in this area. So, it prob legit. Never heard of the Journal, but I don't really follow clinical journals much anymore.

[url]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2582103/[/url]
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast