+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How DO you guys conquer shyness?

How DO you guys conquer shyness?

Hi Girls,

Can you help me out, I really like this guy, and i wanted to make the first move but I froze every time I wanted to say hi.
    What do you think is the best first move? Are there any preparation to make the first move? should I make the first move?

This is all new to me, so I hope I can get a few insights. Tips and suggestions on how to get a guy to ask you out would be appreciated, too.

Thanks.

Just be yourself. Approach him and strike up a conversation. I dont see anything wrong with making the first move, as long as if things go your way, you let him do the chasing. Men care more for things that have worked for.

Thanks for your post.

I expect the vast majority of people are shy about asking somebody out. The minute you do this you are laying it on the line. You are giving somebody else the opportunity to validate who you are as a person. And the worry is that if they say no they you end up asking yourself lots of 'am I not good enough/am I unattractive/is there something wrong with me' type of questions. BUT think about this. The person you ask out might say no but they might also say yes and turn out to be the person you spend your entire life with.
    I'm an old fart of 48 and one of the lessons of life is that when you're dead you're dead an awfully long time so why was time messing around. That's my approach, OK I'm certain to have rejection along the way but not always. A few weeks ago I asked out a very lovely woman and she said yes. Because I had the courage to ask despite not enjoying rejection.

I expect the vast majority of people are shy about asking somebody out. The minute you do this you are laying it on the line. You are giving somebody else the opportunity to validate who you are as a person. And the worry is that if they say no they you end up asking yourself lots of 'am I not good enough/am I unattractive/is there something wrong with me' type of questions. BUT think about this. The person you ask out might say no but they might also say yes and turn out to be the person you spend your entire life with.
    I'm an old fart of 48 and one of the lessons of life is that when you're dead you're dead an awfully long time so why was time messing around. That's my approach, OK I'm certain to have rejection along the way but not always. A few weeks ago I asked out a very lovely woman and she said yes. Because I had the courage to ask despite not enjoying rejection.

Quote Originally Posted by MirandaS View Post
    Hi Girls,

Can you help me out, I really like this guy, and i wanted to make the first move but I froze every time I wanted to say hi.
    What do you think is the best first move? Are there any preparation to make the first move? should I make the first move?

This is all new to me, so I hope I can get a few insights. Tips and suggestions on how to get a guy to ask you out would be appreciated, too.

Thanks.
    It's not easy, but there are a few things to keep in mind to keep you focused and get the results you want:

1. You can't win if you don't play. In other words, if you never ask, you automatically lose.

2. The worst he/she can say is "no". It sucks if they do, but it's really not the end of the world.