+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rebound: Am I being used, or is this something real?

Quote Originally Posted by Mella View Post
    The sex or not sex thing isn't my problem really. My problem is I don't want things to fade out in a couple months. Right now our convos are superficial and not really beneath-the-surface. They're just very "Hooraay look how great we're getting along and look we have stuff in common. Yaaay!!" So my problem is am I a rebound or not? I'd be hurt if I found out I was the rebound whether we have sex or not.

I could have sex with him tomorrow and still be hurt in 2 months. And I could have sex with him in 2 months and still feel hurt in 4 months when he thinks "oh just kidding. I said we could have a relationship but we can't". AKA does he like me for me, OR does he like me because I'm NOT his ex? Because his ex and I are very opposite. She is a medical student, a thin European brunette who won pageant titles, and she is really social and outgoing. I'm more reserved, guys don't normally hit on me, I am very short and blonde, and I'm an English major (something me and this guy have in common). Me and his ex are completely opposite and I hope he doesn't like me JUST because I am not her. I hope he likes me for....me.
    If you are the first girl he's been with since breaking up with her then Yes, the chances are very high that you are a rebound and once he's got his "wings" back, he'll be board with you. He should thank you for being his human bandaid who helped him get his confidence back. However: As you've been adviced, it's too soon to tell and just don't think that having sex with him will garner you a boyfriend. Don't invest more in this that what he's showing you he's invested in you.

Oh.. and the road to a man's heart is not through his penis. Many men (and some women) will **** away on you and not have their heart involved in the least.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 01-12-12 at 03:06 AM.

Thanks so much. I see your point with me being a rebound. We're taking things slow and getting to know me and it's fine...I'm just not sure I see a clear/defined road with this. Even though he denies being a rebounder, I am sure a lot of people say that and subconsciously still are rebounding. I'll keep everything you say in mind the next time I"m with him...I feel like he likes me because I like him...aka he likes the attention.

if he brings his ex-issues into your relationship, then you're a rebound

what do you mean? he barely talks about her. has only mentioned her once and very vaguely. he's not very vocal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12