+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complete change

Complete change

So, this is me in a nutshell:
    -never had a girlfriend
    -I have bad grades
    -my hairline is receding(although I want to be a shaved hair/bald bearded guy, I always like to have my hairline visible enough)
    -I'm a little overweight(slight gut and love handles)
    -I can't concentrate when I'm doing something
    -I feel unattractive
    -I don't hang out a lot, because I have few friends and few people who enjoy my company

This is my life since I reached puberty, my parents told me that it was just a phase and it would be over soon, but does this "phase" go on for this long?
    Point is: I don't want to be myself anymore, I want to change, COMPLETELY. The only thing from my former self I want to keep is my character(since you can't change it). I want to change everything about me!!!

How old are you? Do you do any sports?

I'm 19, and I practice jujutsu(samurai's martial art)

If you don't like your body, work out more and lose the love handles (although some girls find them cute).

What do you do in life? Study? Work? What are your hobbies?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyman3000 View Post
    but does this "phase" go on for this long?
    You make it sound like there is some external force that decides on your "phases", and that you just have to wait for it to happen. I think you know damn well that it is all up to you.

I want to change, COMPLETELY.
    Sounds a bit dramatic, dont you think? Let's take one step at a time. Who do you want to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
    You make it sound like there is some external force that decides on your "phases", and that you just have to wait for it to happen. I think you know damn well that it is all up to you.

Sounds a bit dramatic, dont you think? Let's take one step at a time. Who do you want to be?

It may sound a bit dramatic(and stupid, and childish): one day, I had nothing else to do, and instead of wasting my time on the internet, I began creating a character: his name was george, and he was a confident, courageous, perserverant, fearless man. That's who I want to be, george. I don't want to be me, a good for nothing, lazy, coward, insecure bitch who I would probably beat up if I could clone myself. I want to be a completely different person, I want to be george, not me, Billyman3000...

Oh please not like BoredGeorge!

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Oh please not like BoredGeorge!
    No, not like that guy(I don't even know him xb). I want to be like the character I created, but I don't know where to start...

You need to be more positive about yourself young man . We all have qualities in some way or another.

Just put yourself outhere where you dont feel confident for example talk to girls, start with the ugly ones because it doesnt matter if you mess up than move on better looking ones and than to really beautiful ones. So you will have a chance to see yourself with other eyes and therefore you will exactly know where to begin change yourself.

This is the problem with a lot of young people in society today. Life was too easy growing up, and now that you're in the late teens/early 20s, it becomes time to actually start living. You can complain you want to change, but without action, it is just idle bitching (ask LR, he knows this well).

I have outlined my story a few times on here, I was 21, overweight, living in moms basement, working part time, and giving college a half assed try. I decided that wasn't working for me and wanted to change. For a year or so I talked about it, but didn't do shit to actually get going. I finally got it together, got a real job, started losing weight, and at 26 saved enough money to buy my own house. I'm now 28, I have run 10 marathons, own a house, have a great girlfriend, a good career, and love my life. It just took action to back up my words.

I hear so many people complaining about how much life sucks, when all it takes is a little action to make big changes.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Just remember your words Cerb if you ever decide to raise your own kids.

So, this is me in a nutshell:
    -never had a girlfriend
    -I have bad grades
    -my hairline is receding(although I want to be a shaved hair/bald bearded guy, I always like to have my hairline visible enough)
    -I'm a little overweight(slight gut and love handles)
    -I can't concentrate when I'm doing something
    -I feel unattractive
    -I don't hang out a lot, because I have few friends and few people who enjoy my company

This is my life since I reached puberty, my parents told me that it was just a phase and it would be over soon, but does this "phase" go on for this long?
    Point is: I don't want to be myself anymore, I want to change, COMPLETELY. The only thing from my former self I want to keep is my character(since you can't change it). I want to change everything about me!!!
    Other than the 'never had a girlfriend' part, welcome to my life...

I'm 19 (about to turn 20) and have very similar problems to you my friend... You're not alone, and you have my sympathy...

All it takes is a positive attitude to make things change.

Oh wow...more bashing on me. That is so hipster. Getting rejected more than can reasonably be expected/tolerated is ACTION.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast