+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need to get a handle on this....

Need to get a handle on this....

We started dating in November, we got engaged in December, everything was perfect. Come April, I get the "i'm so busy at work", we start breaking from our regular schedule (We both have kids from previous marriage), we split weeks back and forth at one anothers place usually. Then I start getting "trust" issues from her, when she has known my history all along (infidelity issues in previous relationship). Now, I feel like I am always chasing her for time together. She is 100% faithful, no issues there, but I have the feeling that all of a sudden, reality has set in. I do all the special things for her, make dinner, look after the kids when needed, buy little things as a surprise, I try to spend all my free time with her because I wan to be with her more than anything. I get very little emotional response from her, I'm always the expressive one. I just don't understand how things can turn on a dime so quick. I try to talk to her, try to explain to her that I want nothing more than to be with her, raise the kids together, be a couple and most importantly, a family, but I get very little from her, like she just cannot open up with her feelings. Its all becoming very frustrating.....I do all the little things, and I have yet to see any reciprocation to the point where it has become ludicrous why I keep trying, except for the fact that I love her. I just can't figure this mess out.....

Get your ring back buddy

Kind of seems like the thing to do doesn't it?

Yep! It takes years to get to know someone. Why you rushed to get married?

lalalita Guest
    I would't take the ring back, not just yet. But, perhaps the next time you sit down to talk to her about this, you really make it known how much it is affecting your relationship - and "would you be happier if I took the ring back?" Some people get so caught up in their behavior that they don't realize how unfair they're being until their partner words it bluntly.

you obviously have not learned a thing from your past failed relationships. two months and your engaged? That is crazy. I suggest you go and get therapy and find out why you are a cheat and work on changing that so you can have a healthy relationship in the future with someone.

Learn the difference between infatuation and love and stop making rash, impulsive, ridiculous decisions.