+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Best Way to Handle This

Best Way to Handle This

So, there's this girl that I've hung out with once before at a party and we talked for a few minutes and that was it. Last night, she had a pregame party at her house before we went out to a costume party at a club. We were all taking tequila shots and then we left for the club.

We got there and she and I danced to a song on the stage with our whole group. Then about an hour later (I was dancing with other girls), she comes up to me and puts her head in my chest and tells me that she feels sick. So I put my arms around her. Neither one of us drove, so I got some of her friends and we left and went back to her house.

She got sick on the way back and we had to stop on the side of the freeway for her to get rid of the tequila from her system. I held her hair back for her while she did this.

We got back in the car and I was in the middle, she was on my right. I have pretty broad shoulders and we were in the back of a small SUV. So I put one of my arms behind the seat to have more room. She grabbed my other hand and held it really tight to her stomach with both of her hands. So, I put my arm around her shoulders and she laid her head on my shoulder. Basically, I kept her from moving all over while we were driving. I'm not gonna lie, she is an absolutely gorgeous girl and I enjoyed being there for her. I just wish the circumstances would have been different.

So I helped her into the house and her friends went with her upstairs. They came back down and the other 2 girls, the other guy, and me all left. She gave me a big hug and I figured that was that. So, I got on facebook later today and she had friended me. I accepted. And then she immediately tagged a picture with us in it. So we started talking on facebook chat. She thanked me like 3-4 times for being there for her and taking care of her and I reassured her that it wasn't an issue and told her she was welcome. We kept talking for about 30 minutes. But then I had to go, because I have homework to do.

So here's the thing, I like her. She's a fun girl, great sense of humor, and quite attractive. I want to see where things can go with her. So far, I've just been playing it cool. What I want to know is, how is the best way to handle this? I've had problems before with staying too low-key and getting stuck in the friend zone. And I've been on the other side of the spectrum, where I'm too honest too fast and it ends up not working out.

So, how should I go about this? I'm just looking for someone who's fun to be around and I can have a good time with. I'm not looking for something serious or a strong connection or something like that. So what's my best approach ladies and gents? I appreciate the help and thanks in advance.

Sorry, for the longish post.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You've already established a connection. now is the time to ask her out - BEFORE she starts to think of you as a friend.

BTW - you are sure you want to? Holding a girls hair back while she pukes doesn't sound all that fun to me...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

hehe no it does not.

Be aggressive, ask her to go do something with you that she enjoys. (concert, art show, skydiving)

Yeah, I mean, I figured that was going to come up. But she was thoroughly embarassed by it and very appreciative. And I'm not talking about holding her hair back while she puked being fun, but like in the car, like being there for her and stuff and like being there for her at the club, like that was good. Like knowing that I was helping her made me feel good.

Skydiving would be awesome, but unfortunately, neither of us can go. Yeah, I was thinking about taking her to this local Greek Festival coming up a little later in the month like the 23rd or so? Do you think that is too far away and I should try to get something going sooner?

Yeah maybe like go get somethin to eat or take a walk through a pretty park.. anything where you can get together and do something interesting while able to get to know each other.

I always say keep it pretty casual at first..

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla80 View Post

Be aggressive, ask her to go do something with you that she enjoys.
    exactly correct, but yeahh keep it casual and do something where you'se can interact properly and find out more about each other hope all goes well man
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

Well folks, thanks for the help, but I just found out that she has recently started going out with this guy. About 2 weeks or so. I figured that if she had a boyfriend that he would have been tree this weekend. Maybe it's not too serious. I don't know. I still have a thing for her, but I'm not going to try and get involved if she's with this other guy. I think I'll keep my distance because I don't want to end up on the friend zone. What do y'all think about that? Thanks again for all the help.

Don't give up!! She just started DATING this guy.. it's nothing serious yet!

DO NOT GIVE UP! Step your game up even more, be the AGGRESSOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla80 View Post
    Don't give up!! She just started DATING this guy.. it's nothing serious yet!

DO NOT GIVE UP! Step your game up even more, be the AGGRESSOR!
    Hmmm....What should I do though? I don't want to come on too strong too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreek View Post
    Hmmm....What should I do though? I don't want to come on too strong too fast.
    Grab your nut sack and step out onto the playing field. Strut your stuff in a non jock way, you don't have to radiate asshole to her, just be confident and smooth.....like Zorro!

What have you got to lose? Do you really want to be stuck as "just a friend" and watch her go out with this guy?

Ask her to hang out, find out what she likes to do and ask her to go do that with you. Try to find out from her facebook some of her hobbies or from her friends.. (don't just call her and say "What do you like to do? Sky diving? Oh cool, want to go with me?"

Try to find out what she loves to do first and then call her up and invite her to go do it with you.

Girls like it when men are persistant and willing to complete for them. Be confident. You need to radiate confidence.. like "yeah I know you are dating some other guy, but that isn't important because I am the better man and you should be with me."

You need to be able to emit that kind of confidence WITHOUT actually coming out and saying it.

Hell yeah fellas. My confidence is what got me where I am in the first place. I wasn't gonna let myself get stuck in the friend zone again either. I was just gonna wait for this tool to get out of the picture. But **** it, I'm going for it. Hopefully I'll get a chance to hang out with her this weekend. I don't have her number though, so I can't quite call her yet. Hopefully if I see her this weekend I'll be able to get it. Them go from there. Anymore advice fellas?