+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I being too sensitive or does he have issues communicating properly?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's inept and possibly selfish, in a distracted sort of way. You will find this increasingly irritating. Move on.

A thoughtful gentleman would never suggest you show up for just a few minutes to some event of his. He would take care of you and appreciate your effort to attend.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

He sounds like he's gay. I hope he's ****ed you, if not I'd probably end it

Quote Originally Posted by stev123 View Post
    He sounds like he's gay. I hope he's ****ed you, if not I'd probably end it

????? I don't **** assholes. This is why I'm here trying to figure him out before I make such a stupid decision. But thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    He's inept and possibly selfish, in a distracted sort of way. You will find this increasingly irritating. Move on.

A thoughtful gentleman would never suggest you show up for just a few minutes to some event of his. He would take care of you and appreciate your effort to attend.
    Thanks for understanding, that's exactly how I felt about it. Instead of being excited, he was discouraging. It makes no sense to me.

UPDATE: (yes another one)
    Good lord. I'm about ready to throw my phone off a cliff, lol. NOW he won't stop texting and keeps suggesting that I stop by. What the hell!!??

Him: It's pretty quiet here right now, just a few people walking around.
    Me: Hmm makes sense, it just started. It will probably get busier in a few hours.
    Him: Yea so now would be a good time if you're still thinking about stopping by. I also have a fun story to tell you later.

*Throwing phone off cliff*

OH MY GOD!!! STOP THE ****ING TEXTING EVERYBODY!!!! ESPECIALLY AT THE BEGINNING OF A RELATIONSHIP!!!

Text conversation are childish and take valuable time! Crazyy!!!! LOL

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by starrynightz45 View Post
    Him: It's pretty quiet here right now, just a few people walking around.
    Me: Hmm makes sense, it just started. It will probably get busier in a few hours.
    Him: Yea so now would be a good time if you're still thinking about stopping by. I also have a fun story to tell you later.
    This is completely backwards. He should be requesting the pleasure of your company at an event. Your time is a gift to him and he should treat it as such.

There is nothing wrong with him being busy with his own activities. But if he wants you there and he can't devote his time to you, then he shouldn't ask you. He's selfish and socially inept. Educate him or dump him.

Here is an example of a man who gets it right:

Him: Dear X - I am invited to [insert event] and would greatly enjoy the pleasure of your company that evening if you are available.
    Her: Dear Y - Thank you for the kind invitation. I am indeed free that evening and would be honoured to attend with you.
    Him: That is delightful. Thank you for making the time.
    Her: You are most welcome. I look forward to spending the time together.

Okay, its a bit old-school, but you get the idea. Up to you if you want to settle for less than this^. But know there are men who know how to value a lady's time. If you insist on being treated well, that is.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I think youre missing the true meaning of his words since you are addicted to the text buttons on your phone. Call the guy up!! Jeesh!!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Think she dumped him?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

lalalita Guest
    To play devil's advocate here, he may have just been wanting to make sure you knew what you were getting yourself into. He might have thought it was not your scene, or that it being crowded would have turned you off. Still wanting you to be involved in his life, he wanted you to come anyway. He seems to realize he offended you.

I think that this guy is trying to juggle at least two different women, but is too cowardly to ever ask for a threesome. Also, in my experience, some artists can be very flaky and strange. Starry starry night, you should move on and stick to sane guys.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12