+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does my girlfriend love me? (LDR)

Does my girlfriend love me? (LDR)

So.. We are together for more than 3 months and I never heard her saying "I love you". The thing is, each time I ask her if she loves me, she answers: "I don't know yet" and she also says that she simply can't talk about feelings. I remember that she said that she feels something for me but she is not sure what exactly... that was 4 months ago. And yes, I told her dozens of times that I love her (almost every day) and I truly mean it. Oh yeah, she is very shy, she mutes her microphone every time on skype

She is 150km away from me and I'll go meet her in few weeks. I barely talked my brother to drive me to her (I'm 15, I can't go alone) and.. I just feel like it might be a waste of time if she thinks this way.

We are both gamers, that connects us at most. But.. it feels awkward when she says that she loves some game, even though I never heard her say that to me. All of our fights to this point were because of some minecraft server on which she is admin (i gave her that title when I was leaving the server). It doesn't seem right (sorry if you guys don't understand some of these things, I wrote it as simple as possible)

Also, I am extremely complexed person, it's hard to understand what I want and I get pissed off for all sorts of small thing (when she doesn't show up online or something like that.. stupid thing). She is used to it already and.. I can't really help myself.

A bit more info, she is my first girlfriend so I REALLY don't know what to do, and I'm her second boyfriend(the first one was also LDR, she never met him) and... she didn't have any problems saying "I love you" to him. Her ex boyfriend was an asshole, she forgave him when he cheated on her and then, at the end, he started to insult her for no reason etc.

I'm thinking that I am just overreacting(like every time), but I just want to be sure. I love her more than anything and it kinda hurts to see that she doesn't react to it AT ALL. I feel like I just don't deserve her, she is simply too good person for me, even though I barely did anything that could insult/hurt her.

thanks
    Last edited by someonerandom; 13-08-13 at 11:04 AM. Reason: adding info

Don't waste your awesome teen years in some LDR relationship. You're missing out on all the "firsts" that way, first kiss, first date, first person to person connection. Most people on this forum will tell you to just forget this thing.

But as far as advice for making it work goes, you cannot force someone to love you. If she doesn't feel it, and can't say it, then you need to set a timeline. If you don't receive the results you want from her in say, 3 months, then agree with YOURSELF to move on.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

That's exactly what I was thinking... I guess I'll wait to see her "IRL" and.. if that doesn't work out, then she leaves me no other choice I guess... Also, she never gives me any compliments and.. apparently, her friends don't know about me, she keeps hiding this relationship. Why is she trying to hide it?

But, the thing is, I don't think I'll ever find such an amazing girl. I don't drink/smoke/go out, same as her.

Quote Originally Posted by someonerandom View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking... I guess I'll wait to see her "IRL" and.. if that doesn't work out, then she leaves me no other choice I guess... Also, she never gives me any compliments and.. apparently, her friends don't know about me, she keeps hiding this relationship. Why is she trying to hide it?

But, the thing is, I don't think I'll ever find such an amazing girl. I don't drink/smoke/go out, same as her.
    I agree, she doesn't like you man, sorry for saying that, but she really doesn't have feelings for a guy she has never met.

You're gonna hate this.....but I give her credit for not pledging love to a person she's never spent time with in real life. We really only know a person when we've spent a lot of real time with them.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    You're gonna hate this.....but I give her credit for not pledging love to a person she's never spent time with in real life. We really only know a person when we've spent a lot of real time with them.
    Don't worry, I understand, that's why I'm not saying anything before we meet IRL

Dont waste your time on an LDR. Meet a local girl.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

But.. I love her and.. I don't really want to lose her. I am thinking that if I leave her now, what if she changes her feelings towards me?

I recently started to play Battlefield 3 and.. I spend kinda too much time on it and I'm not asking her anything, only answering questions (so, that's 6 lines of text in a day). She wrote that she is "happy that I finally found the thing that makes me happy more than her". That's not true! I would say that Minecraft is more important to her than me.. But this? NO! Also, she stopped calling me (I told her to call me when she is able to talk, that's why I don't call her).

She said that I should stop talking about games (I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TALK TO GIRLS, and she is a gamer as well, so I cant' see a problem). Now I stopped. That means that I send 3 texts a day. And if I ask her "what are you doing?", she will probably say that she is playing games. That will make me talk about games again! I'm not smart enough to figure out what I'm supposed to do here.

Did I do something wrong or.. ?

PS. I'll probably visit her this week, but I'm not absolutely sure if that's a good idea after this.

Thanks and.. sorry for bothering you again :S