+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ladies Please read My post, Many Thanks.

So how many times have you been in her company? How have you managed to keep it from her that you don't have a driver's license, again?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

No response. How telling.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Wake up, so are you saying this is a troll?

I have been communicating with this person by phone and internet, for over a year. We haven't met yet. We have been planning to meet, but I suspect he is still lying to me about things. I don't understand why guys feel they have to continually lie. We talked about the things he lied about in the past - I knew he did it to impress me - and I told him he doesn't have to worry about being honest with me. The truth is never as hard to take as being lied to is. I am in love with him. I know the things he has told me about himself personally are true. The things I suspect he lies to me about are small things, but I just don't see the point. I wish I could get over him. He hasn't tried scamming me in anyway, in fact he has bought me things. I just wish he didn't feel the need to be dishonest.

Oops sorry that last post was to Austin

She knows I have a car (it needs a little work)
    I've been using public transport

You blew it from day one. And she's going to find out one way or another at some time isn't she? So if you care for her so much then be honest with her. Then let her decide what to do.
    I lied to my former GF about my drink problem. She found out eventually anyway. She dumped me. She had every right to do so because I'd acted like a cock.

Absolutely right, I should have said something asap
    Maybe it wouldn't have been / seemed as bad,
    I do care for her very much and her children, I was in such termoil, and distress
    Of dealing with a cheating ex partner of many yrs, i really believed I would never
    Find someone who I could love another woman with such emotion.
    I'm sorry to hear about Your experience and hope things have improved since

Quote Originally Posted by Austin1uk View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about Your experience and hope things have improved since
    That's very kind. I learned from my mistake. I hope you learn (and therefore benefit) from yours.

HI Austin

Just tell her why you made these two little white lies. Share with her what you shared with us; you felt a connection and didn't want to scare her off before an actual meet could take place.
    She's probably sensing your holding something back and that your feeling guilty over it. Put her at ease and just tell her. Honestly, lying about your age and a drivers license is small stuff compared to what her imagination is going through.

What it comes down to is trusting her enough to understand why you said what you said and hey, if she is this amazing woman, she will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12