My ex and I broke up last November after a short but very enjoyable relationship, that started as friends. Main reason for the breakup was confusion about feelings, and what we both wanted. She has had very bad luck relationship wise, and I don't think she believes she deserves a good loving relationship. She did have feelings for me, she told mutual friends that much. Unfortunately when I voiced how I felt, everything went bad. We decided that it wasn't going to work and it got a bit nasty. So we have had some contact off and on, mostly little things, how's kids etc both of us are divorced. So after about six weeks of no contact last week she texts me out of the blue about her car. We exchanged a few texts that was it, just general stuff. Then this Sunday morning another text, that night we exchanged texts till 1am, nothing deep, but it it did get a bit more personal. She was saying things like " you no me better than most people" " you do know I'm really a nice person". I told her at the end that I enjoyed texting with her, but found it all a bit odd after so long with no contact ? Her response was "I was nervous all night and I couldn't sit still, but I enjoyed it also."
So now I don't know if she just wants to reconnect as just friends, or does she want something more ?
I still care about her very much, but I'm not sure I want to have a romantic relationship with her again.
Any insight or advice will be appreciated.
Thank you.