+ Follow This Topic

Thread: will we ever be official

will we ever be official

Hey I need some help because I've been talking to a guy for over 6 months now we do everything that couples do in a relationship we are intimate met each other's family including parents but I keep asking him if we will become boyfriend and girlfriend and at first he complained about not meeting my parents so he met my parents and then after that he said he didn't want to feel like he had to do everything in the relationship I currently don't have a car and the job I have is not the best but at least I work and his job isn't the best either he told me he wanted me to focus on bettering myself and not being focused on a relationship but I don't understand because he treats me just like we are in one the only things is he still texts other females he says it's nothing serious and he only hangs with me but it's 6 months in and I feel like he should have made a decision by now.. he also says thinks that because I have and instagram and a Facebook that it's the same as him texting females because males hit on me I trust him I know that he doesn't sleep around I'm just wondering if we will ever be committed , he wants everything that people have and do in a relationship I'm just wondering if I should continue I really care for him he even told me that he loves me and he alsways wants to be included in everything I do with friends and family but I don't want to be just talking with someone for a year without any commitment I'm wondering if I should just break things off and save myself heartache from the future... I know that if I did I would be devastated now not being in his life but I know it would hurt even worse down the line what should I do what are some of your opinions I could really use some help please!!

I would just tell him that you arent happy with your current set up. As much as you like and enjoy spending time with him - it is comnitment you want, and if he isnt prepared to give you that, then you are going to find someone who is.

If he really wants you, then im sure he will try to commit. If not, then you know you made the right choice

How old are you? I'm assuming you're both quite young....

If you aren't happy and need a label then you need a label and you should ask for one. If he still says no then it's time to move on.
    If you're happy with how things are and enjoy the time, then take it for what it is. He may commit in time, if like you say both of you are not in secure and decent jobs then maybe it isn't the right time to get too serious. How long are you prepared to wait though? All the time you're happy you can just stick with it but just keep reminding yourself that whatever he is allowed to do, you are allowed to do too.