+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To Pursue Her, Or Let Her Go

You're missing my point - if there's no point in pursuing this one, why are you even bothering to ask if you should?

Go find one you CAN pursue.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    This guy could help you get some idea on what to do.

*Cringe* most of these women look very uncomfortable and tense. This is sexual harassment. Do NOT do this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eclayman View Post
    Circumstances don't allow me to ask her out right now. For one, she's definitely not going to appreciate it, the group wouldn't appreciate it, her family would definitely not appreciate it.
    Why wouldn't she appreciate it? Do you know for a fact that she doesn't like you that way? If so, why are you even asking us whether or not to pursue her? And what do you mean by "pursue" if you don't plan on ever going on a date with her? o.O
    Last edited by searock; 31-05-14 at 03:34 AM.

I just need to wait a few months.

Searock, it would be inappropriate for me to ask her out right now. If I were to ask her out, a lot of people would think I am abusing my position in this group. She's intelligent, she knows the rules just as much as I do. I'm pretty confident she realizes and knows other people would see it as inappropriate right now too. That's why I believe she might not appreciate it. I definitely do plan on asking her out... just not until this fall so I can avoid damaging gossip about the group. And by pursue, I mean courting. We're both old fashioned.

What group? And how do you plan to court her if you can't date her? Wouldn't anything you do to court her be equally inappropriate?

A group. Courting isn't dating. Courting is getting to know someone a little better to see if they are someone you might be looking to start a relationship with. At least, that's how it's understood where I'm from.

So it wouldn't be any different from just making friends? I don't get what you're asking then...

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    *Cringe* most of these women look very uncomfortable and tense. This is sexual harassment. Do NOT do this.
    For me they look happy and smiling. Besides they knew whats coming and agreed to this.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

So it wouldn't be any different from just making friends? I don't get what you're asking then...
    My bad, I could have explained it better. I want her to know that I'm interested in her, I want her to know I'm "courting" and not just trying to be friendly. The problem is the 3 month lull. Do I just keep focusing my energy on her? Or just let life happen and see if she's still single this fall?

Gah those videos are so disgusting. If any guy who was trying to get with me did that I'd punch them in the nuts. Lol.

Why not try being honest with her? Tell her ur into her but want to wait till "ur not abusing ur power" with her to start "courting". Either she says yes to that idea or no. Either way u have ur answer!

Quote Originally Posted by so..umhey View Post
    Gah those videos are so disgusting. If any guy who was trying to get with me did that I'd punch them in the nuts. Lol.
    Look at 1:37... he obviously cut the video right when the girl was starting to fight him. Most of these girls (if not all of them) just thought he was going to pick them up... they did not know that he was going to sexually harass them. It's so disgusting and creepy, look at their faces! Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by so..umhey View Post

Why not try being honest with her? Tell her ur into her but want to wait till "ur not abusing ur power" with her to start "courting". Either she says yes to that idea or no. Either way u have ur answer!
    I honestly have thought about this, and it's not her saying no that I worry about. It's that she does feel the same way. I'm unsure how that would play out socially.

And yeah, that video is definitely in bad taste. I'm not looking for a girl who would enjoy or invite someone to act like that.

Quote Originally Posted by eclayman View Post
    And yeah, that video is definitely in bad taste. I'm not looking for a girl who would enjoy or invite someone to act like that.
    I really don't think most of those women enjoyed that.

If you liked that vid you will like this too

What dont work with some girls with others work like magic.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

So basically, you know that she feels the same way and you are just concerned for the social dynamics of your group? It would be helpful if you provided more information.

- - - Updated - - -

Pcmaster, that is sexual harassment. Do you seriously not understand it? It's appalling that videos like this are even permitted on youtube. It makes it seem like it's such an accomplishment to sexually harass as many women as possible. Makes me sick.

Look at 1:37... he obviously cut the video right when the girl was starting to fight him. Most of these girls (if not all of them) just thought he was going to pick them up... they did not know that he was going to sexually harass them. It's so disgusting and creepy, look at their faces! Ugh.
    Ur so right. Wish he would try that with me. One of those girls should have kicked his butt!!

Eclayman- I get what ur sayin but I feel like maybe ur over thinkin it. It shouldn't be hard to keep your feelings between u too for a few months before u guys can court. It's up to u tho. I just think out of all ur options the one I suggested might be the easiest and less stressful.

Pcmaster- I srsly hope ur kiddin. If not ur gonna get sued a whole lot for sexual harassment thru ur lifetime. Because ew. That's so wrong.
    Last edited by so..umhey; 31-05-14 at 05:43 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast