+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hear Mathias has a date tonight....

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Alright, details...

So, this girl LOVES Christmas. Absolutely loves everything to do with it. So, being a thoughtful guy, I find a huge drive-through light display about 30 minutes away, and we head down there to go eat dinner, and go to the display.

We have a fantastic time, and on the way back, actually talk about some pretty serious stuff. She's now the first person I've ever really talked to about my parents' divorce, and it came really, really naturally (yes, for the record, was in a four year relationship, and I couldn't talk about it with her). After that, we decide to go to a rental place and get a Christmas movie. We rent a hilarious movie, and just have a blast teasing each other through the movie, and afterward. Then, she begs to see my tapes from when I was an anchor, and I eventually relent.

We're still teasing each other, and I grab her sides after she says something pretty funny, and say that she's a dork. She playfully acts hurt...I touch her cheek, turn her face, and say, "Yes, but you're the cutest dork I've seen..."

That was our first kiss.

I take her home after we lose track of time, and it's 1 in the morning. I give her the present, which she absolutely loves, and kiss her goodnight.

The next day, I'm driving down to Texas, and going to visit my friend along the way. But, I get a nice message from her on the way down, telling me how wonderful the night was, and how fantastic she thinks I am.

I'd say it was a good day.

Awe... I got all teary eyed at your first kiss.

I approve.

Touchdown for Mathias!
    "When I am Emperor of the world, I will crush you, your family, your friends and everything you like."

me

Yeah Mathias, sounds like it could be the beginning of something great. Hope everything goes well, and I'm glad to hear the news. Keep us updated! [after you go back there, of course]
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

Ahhhh! She messaged you! There is nothing so delightful to me as good manners.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    Yeah Mathias, sounds like it could be the beginning of something great.
    My biggest fear about the whole thing, the age difference, has turned into a running joke between us.

She's quality people.

What did you give her for Christmas?
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    What did you give her for Christmas?
    Well, okay...

So, she works with kids. She's a nanny for these four kids for a family, and she works with them about 15 hours a week. One night, the oldest one was in a play, and she invited me to come along...and I found out how much those kids loved her. But, toward the end of the night, one of them calls her an ogre. I'm confused, so I ask what that's about. She explains that whenever she makes them go do something (go to bed, clean something, etc.), and she gets asked why, she just says, "because I'm just a mean ogre", and the kids laugh, and go do whatever they're told.

So, for Christmas, I bought her a Shrek tree ornament from Hallmark. Small enough that it was appropriate, but hopefully it showed at least a little thought.

omg that is so cute. good for you.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Man, all I did was give my girlfriend a music cd and a shaped heart made of gold covered in diamonds.

damn
    "When I am Emperor of the world, I will crush you, your family, your friends and everything you like."

me

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Jeez you're thoughtful. I'm jealous; I've never had that degree of creativity. Nicely done, as far as I can tell.
    I can't take too much credit for it. I just was looking around the mall, saw it, and it fit perfectly.

But you had your eyes open for it- I like that you're a guy who walks through life awake. It's important.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12