+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i'd have to charge a fee for that.
    I might be willing to pay it.

i'd have to charge a fee for that.
    You should be a politician 'Sombra for president!...Presidentess? No?

Anyways, for one, I reckon that his investment in a musical instrument is valid since, after all, it's what he does, he most likely knows better what investments to make and how it goes alongside his career choices. If you're so bothered by it, why not just ask him and hear his reasoning?

I disagree with being careful with money somehow equates to cheating or just wanting a booty call because of your ex. Hell, I'm living on a no-savings-to-spare lifestyle right now with never more than a few hundred dollars at most and have to cut alot of corners, so I'd be bothered if that was the case with my girlfriend. At least this overpriced education oughta pay for itself eventually.
    Last edited by Lipp; 17-04-09 at 08:19 PM.

I think this female's logic is hilarious.

Guy can't afford/doesn't want to pay for his date = Just looking for a woman to use as a sex object.

You know what that actually renders/simplifies to?

Money = sex

In which case:

Female = prostitute

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She probably thinks it's hypocritical for him to state he wants to cut back on expenses while he purchases a custom made guitar.

He's not married, so I see nothing wrong in him making a purchase of something he's going to use. At least he laid things out for her.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I think this female's logic is hilarious.

Guy can't afford/doesn't want to pay for his date = Just looking for a woman to use as a sex object.

You know what that actually renders/simplifies to?

Money = sex

In which case:

Female = prostitute

The instrument he is having made is not a NECESSITY. He could have easily bought an instrument that wasn't custom made and a hell of a lot less expensive. He put this as a priority over his health concerns (which are pretty dire) and now has to put aside $150-200/week in order to have the money to pay for it in a few months. Do you know what it's like to hear "I don't have money to go out" and yet knowing $100-200/week is going towards an UNECESSARY musical instrument?

This from a guy who drank and snorted away millions when he was younger and lost his last long-term woman because he married another woman behind her back for money. This is partly why his reasoning concerns me too.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemuffin View Post
    The instrument he is having made is not a NECESSITY. He could have easily bought an instrument that wasn't custom made and a hell of a lot less expensive. He put this as a priority over his health concerns (which are pretty dire) and now has to put aside $150-200/week in order to have the money to pay for it in a few months. Do you know what it's like to hear "I don't have money to go out" and yet knowing $100-200/week is going towards an UNECESSARY musical instrument?

This from a guy who drank and snorted away millions when he was younger and lost his last long-term woman because he married another woman behind her back for money. This is partly why his reasoning concerns me too.
    Well I think you are looking at an elephant through a microscope.

So what he is buying an instrument with *his* money. That's not an issue; apparently, since you have shared more information... perhaps you should simply consider whether or not you want to be with a burn out. Do you need to be smacked with a red flag before you see it?

It seems like every time people don't agree with you, you throw out more bad information about your boyfriend to get people on your side. I don't know your situation from anymore than what you have said, but to me it seems like you are the one with the problem here.

By their very nature, custom instruments 1) take a long time to make; and 2) can't be cancelled once they are ordered. Since this seems to be your biggest gripe, did he order it before he knew his income was going to be drying up? He may have no choice but to buy it or get sued.

Carl.

you are fuking crazy.

that will be a free initial consultation. you're welcome.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    By their very nature, custom instruments 1) take a long time to make; and 2) can't be cancelled once they are ordered. Since this seems to be your biggest gripe, did he order it before he knew his income was going to be drying up? He may have no choice but to buy it or get sued.

Carl.
    Yes he ordered it knowing his income would be drying up soon. It's not like he doesn't have other ideas in mind for income and maybe even a possible job through a friend though.
    Last edited by lovemuffin; 18-04-09 at 12:50 AM.

you are fuking crazy.

that will be a free initial consultation. you're welcome.
    Am I? Considering my ex was pulling similar crap about money and it turned out he was just spending it on another woman... I am a little jaded I guess.

i'll tell you something straight we don't really know your situation nor your bf so discussing an issue like that with us knowing we lack information is useless and i think the best choice is to talk with your bf about it (a calm discussion) and i'm sure you will sort it out most of failed relation are due to lack of communication don't end up doing the same thing

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Wow, sounds like you picked a winner.

Still, I don't think buying a guitar means he's using you.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Am I? Considering my ex was pulling similar crap about money and it turned out he was just spending it on another woman... I am a little jaded I guess.

No, there's a difference between "being jaded," and punishing your current partner for your ex's mistakes.

Seriously, you need to get over this instrument thing. You can call it unnecessary all you want, and who knows, it might be [orrr it'll be better sounding and better for his music-- custom equipment usually is and on top of that lasts longer] but the bottom line is he bought it, he's saving for it, he's told you that he can't spend money on taking you out because of it. Does it really matter if he takes you out as often as you'd like or not? Shouldn't his company be enough for you?

I agree the medicine thing was a bit of a poor choice-- but I know plenty of people who won't even go out and get a $4 perscription filled when they need it. Should he be more concerned for his health? Probably.. but you're in no position to tell him what to worry about, how to spend his money, etc. It's ridiculous.

The fact that you connect it back to your ex-- "well my ex was spending money behind my back on someone else when he was supposed to be saving," is way out of line. You KNOW he's saving for this guitar. You KNOW it's coming. Bottom line-- this guy isn't your ex, so get over it.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you joking? 5 dates are you are starting to question what HE does with HIS money?

You are in no position to tell him anything. Anymore than he has any right to question you about your spending habits. You are not his wife, not even close. Who the hell are you to tell him something is unnecessary?

God, women like you are an embarrassment to the rest of us.

If you have concerns about his priorities, file that information away for a decision to break off with him, but you have NO right to consider changing him. If you don't like it, find a new boyfriend.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast