+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm rich, he's poor

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth misombra....

Sorry but no matter how much you shower this guy with gifts...Windy, it's not gonna change the fact that he's not interested in you. In fact, your probably making him even less interested for the fact that you are basically appearing desperate. Being desperate to that extent is not romantic, it's creepy...

A true romantic knows this.... and the recipiant of these gestures SHOULD be someone who is interested and someone who is willing to return them. This guy wants nothing to that extent.

Also beware....

Girl, I totally see you setting yourself up to be used. I must say that at least this guy isn't that shallow to do such a thing.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to move on.

I thought I'd give it one last shot! That was it! I'm gone! I'll just wait and see if he comes back around!

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    It's like the knight-in-shining-armor mentality in reverse...
    I think you're just jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    No, I've never knocked back a girl because I thought she was out of my league. But I've never had a girl hand me an $800 gift that I have no hope of reciprocating. If he does like you, it probably would make him feel emasculated. He probably would feel like he'd have to take you to expensive dinners on dates, that he simply can't afford etc.

If he doesn't like you he's probably shaking his head about that "crazy bitch".

It could be either.
    I remember now an incident back in January; we were supposed to go out to dinner and I went to his house to pick him up and I could sense that he had no money so I volunteered that I'll buy dinner and then he changed his mind and he didn't want to go. He just said "I don't usually eat dinner". That was our last moment together. He said; we'll go out tomorrow but he never called nor returned any of my phone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by windycity View Post
    Yes, I do exist and everything around me is real!
    I believe what vashti was trying to say was that your story is a tad unbelievable and I'm inclined to agree

Quote Originally Posted by Adzer View Post
    I believe what vashti was trying to say was that your story is a tad unbelievable and I'm inclined to agree
    Believe me, I wouldn't waste my time here looking for others opinion if I'm just making this up! Nice talking to you though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12