+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm rich, he's poor

I'm rich, he's poor

Well, I've given this guy sweet-nothings and gifts here and there and the last one was the birthday gift from yesterday which everyone in this forum thinks that I'm nuts, creepy and psycho stalker. Well let's analyze the issue, when we first started going out, it felt like he was embarassed to show me where he lives. He also was not happy that I was looking at his beat up van; he actually closed the door of his van immediately upon seeing I was looking at it! But I don't really mind seeing his dilapidated apartment; I'll fix it up for him! and I don't care what kind of car he drives! I'm here because I strongly feel that we can be a great team together and we can help improve each other's lives! He on the other hand started to drift away each time I bring him something! Why???

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Because you're hurting his pride. He wants to shower you with gifts. Not the other way around. Quit rubbing it in.

Or, as your other thread indicates, he's not interested in you and you can't take a hint. If the guy's worth a damn he'll return you're gifts and bluntly break your heart, because that's the only way you'll understand. Otherwise he'll keep treating you like garbage and taking your money.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's like the knight-in-shining-armor mentality in reverse...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I can't imagine any guy worth having would want to be purchased.

Either that, or he thinks you are a creepy psycho stalker.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

money can't buy love.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    money can't buy love.

You took the words right out of my mouth misombra....

Sorry but no matter how much you shower this guy with gifts...Windy, it's not gonna change the fact that he's not interested in you. In fact, your probably making him even less interested for the fact that you are basically appearing desperate. Being desperate to that extent is not romantic, it's creepy...

A true romantic knows this.... and the recipiant of these gestures SHOULD be someone who is interested and someone who is willing to return them. This guy wants nothing to that extent.

Also beware....

Girl, I totally see you setting yourself up to be used. I must say that at least this guy isn't that shallow to do such a thing.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to move on.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you fat, windy city?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have thought of using money as a way to help attract women. But I'm not so dense as to confuse this with love. I know that all I will ever get from money is a shallow girl. But getting ass and no love is far better than getting no ass and no love.
    This is so cliche, why does it even need to be brought up? You can't buy love. I even heard this on a salad dressing commercial I saw not too long ago.

And usually it's the guy who uses money as a tool, not the other way around... Many guys would probably feel lessened in a role reversal like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    Are you fat, windy city?
    Charlie Boy, that's the thing I don't understand! I'm pretty, sexy, young and I own a thriving business at 27! I feel very confident about myself! But this guy made me rethink about my capabilities! I'm starting to think that he doesn't like me because of my status.

Have you ever felt that way? Maybe he's thinking he's out of my league? He's a construction worker, trying to start a small business and he actually did with a friend but their not licensed, i think he's trying to prove something to me first.

I don't know. I don't want to analyze too much anymore. I'll just wait and see if he comes back around. At least he hasn't returned the gift; he must like the $700 home depot gift card and the swiss knife I gave him!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hmmm.. Is this post for real? Because I am starting to doubt it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I have thought of using money as a way to help attract women. But I'm not so dense as to confuse this with love. I know that all I will ever get from money is a shallow girl. But getting ass and no love is far better than getting no ass and no love.
    This is so cliche, why does it even need to be brought up? You can't buy love. I even heard this on a salad dressing commercial I saw not too long ago.

And usually it's the guy who uses money as a tool, not the other way around... Many guys would probably feel lessened in a role reversal like that.
    Hey! I'm not trying to use money to win him! IT'S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS!!! All I'm saying is that I think he's trying to show he's not interested in me because of my status! That's all.

He was the one who flirted with me first; and then I developed this crush and I started to fall for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Because you're hurting his pride. He wants to shower you with gifts. Not the other way around. Quit rubbing it in.

Or, as your other thread indicates, he's not interested in you and you can't take a hint. If the guy's worth a damn he'll return you're gifts and bluntly break your heart, because that's the only way you'll understand. Otherwise he'll keep treating you like garbage and taking your money.
    Pride, hmmm...maybe.

I'm waiting until tomorrow. So far he hasn't returned the gift.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by windycity View Post
    Charlie Boy, that's the thing I don't understand! I'm pretty, sexy, young and I own a thriving business at 27! I feel very confident about myself! But this guy made me rethink about my capabilities! I'm starting to think that he doesn't like me because of my status.

Have you ever felt that way? Maybe he's thinking he's out of my league? He's a construction worker, trying to start a small business and he actually did with a friend but their not licensed, i think he's trying to prove something to me first.

I don't know. I don't want to analyze too much anymore. I'll just wait and see if he comes back around. At least he hasn't returned the gift; he must like the $700 home depot gift card and the swiss knife I gave him!
    No, I've never knocked back a girl because I thought she was out of my league. But I've never had a girl hand me an $800 gift that I have no hope of reciprocating. If he does like you, it probably would make him feel emasculated. He probably would feel like he'd have to take you to expensive dinners on dates, that he simply can't afford etc.

If he doesn't like you he's probably shaking his head about that "crazy bitch".

It could be either.

Quote Originally Posted by windycity View Post
    Hey! I'm not trying to use money to win him! IT'S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS!!! All I'm saying is that I think he's trying to show he's not interested in me because of my status! That's all.

He was the one who flirted with me first; and then I developed this crush and I started to fall for him.
    While I agree on that, a $700 home depot gift card is not very thoughtful. It gives off the impression that you're trying to buy him, maybe if you actually bought him something, instead of giving him money to buy it, things would have been different.

If what you said was true, that you're pretty, sexy, and own your own business, I recommend you to start dating other men. I believe you can find someone better. Hell, I wish I could find a girl like yourself around here. Oh well, I'm too young to worry about that anyway.

I wish you good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Hmmm.. Is this post for real? Because I am starting to doubt it.
    Yes, I do exist and everything around me is real!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast