+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question About Flowers

Flowers are nice when its a one off surprise..and most women prefer a single rose to a big bunch of flowers as its more personal..of course we all know the rose represents love so it makes us girlies all mushy n shit...u cant go wrong there but we dont like getting them all the time...the occasion and time has to be right in order to appreciate gifts from ur loved one!

The reason for a delivery man - I live an hour away and I have no clue when she will be home. She is at the docotor almost every day. (sounds worse than it is).

The reason for the flowers - She never said she wanted flowers so I don't see how it would be being a doormat. I figured it would be a nice surprise. I already have her number and I talk to her nearly every day. ( I don't call her every day, we talk online) She wants to go out sometime but isn't sure when she will be up for it. This way I can show that I do care even if I can't see her.

Anyway its too late to change the order if I wanted too. (Don't worry I am not having second thoughts)

*Edit* Im not sure what gave you guys the idea that I do this all the time, this is a first for me. I think the occasion is perfect. She is having surgery today and if you have ever been through that its a real drag. What a better way to make a bad day slightly better.
    Last edited by Ratfish256; 30-06-04 at 12:50 PM.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC1
    Buy one good-looking rose, and bring it personaly. Why?
    You'll be able to see how she appreciate it.

If you buy a dozen and ask a delivery guy to do his job...
    well she may go like "ha! flowers...why he did not show up? does he care?"
    Whatever it is, don't show up with ONE SINGLE rose. Bad manners.
    I have it all. Including kino.

Ratfish I am with Breezy & Squirrely - I think you did a wonderful thing! Not every girl is a rose girl so good for you to notice that she is NOT a rose girl. I bet you'll hear from her as soon as she's feeling like herself.

Keep us posted!

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbabe
    Whatever it is, don't show up with ONE SINGLE rose. Bad manners.
    why you think ONE SINGLE rose is bad manners?

A big two thumbs up on the flowers. Personally, one rose would be really intimidating UNLESS the two of you are in a serious relationship, then its great. I know if I was feeling down or sick and going through a rough time, and all of a sudden I got a bouquet of flowers delivered to me, I would be ecstatic. I think you're a sweetheart and I'm sure she is going to love them.

And definitely good call on the delivery. Its more of a surprise that way, and she doesn't have to feel you are pressuring her in any way.
    Keep us posted

-Amanda
    Cinderella said to Snow White
    "How does love get so off course
    All I wanted was a white knight
    With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset
    [URL=http://dizzygirl.net]Baby I'm forever yours[/URL]"

Ratfish256,

You know how gals feel when they got flowers, dont you?

Seems to me you want all gals here to tell you "You are sweet"
    it was not your original intention, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratfish256
    How do the gals out there feel when they get flowers? How would you feel?

Well, I want Jade to tell me I am sweet. I figured I could ask the other gals what they thought about it. Pretty much everyone seems to agree that is what she will think.

Why would you want girls to tell you are sweet?
    Life is not like romantic comedies, where you think "if I like this girl and I stay around with her for some time, she'll realize I have feelings for her and hopefully she will have feelings for me."
    That's bullshit, if she has no affections for you, why WASTE your time showering her with gifts? TRUST ME, I've been there and cae back

Nice guys finish last my man. When she gets them, she'll probably give you a call. Ask her out right then and there. If you don't you are totally in the friend zone

Take my advice or disregard it, but you live and you'll learn

I believe that what Ratfish wanted was to make an impression on a nice young lady. I believe that based on the reaction of the LADIES of this group it is clear that he will do just that.

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

If finishing last is the price I have to pay for being the nice guy I am willing to accept that. Maybe you didn't notice the other few times I have said this, but she already said that she wants to get together with me. Right now she is feeling like shit. After her surgery (today) she may feel better. I am pretty convinced that she is interested in me at this point. I would go more into that but I could write pages of stuff, just ask Jules.

I can vouch for him - he speaks the truth.

I used to get my ex's roses. I got a single rose for Robin every now and then. Just out of the blue, just to say "i love you" - she absolutely loved it.

And then when I was with Destine and I cheated on her with Robin, I went out and bought 12 dozen roses ($144 +tax) to say I'm sorry. She loved it and said I didnt have to do that, but i know she still loved it.

I dont think I ever bought destine single roses. It just didnt feel right to do it seeing that it was mine and Robin's thing... Doubt I'll ever do that for another woman...

......Well, I want Jade to tell me I am sweet. I figured I could ask the other gals what they thought about it.

Ratfish256,

I see. Congratulations, good move!

i have a similar problem
    buts it's not in the delivery
    just what to write on the note
    it is my gf's birthday
    i have been with her 6month
    ande just don't have a clue what to write :s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12