+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can someone be too trusting?

We actually live pretty close together, but since she gets home around 10:30 and I'm up at 5:30, but that said, even some nights I do want to see her for a bit and she usually isn't up for it, there is really limited time during the week we could see each other, sometimes I struggle just to stay awake to talk to her when she gets home.

Yes, the puppy is definitely an affection drain, she smartly acknowledged it a few weeks after she bought it that she knew it was time consuming, and told me not to worry or be jealous, that for now that will be her priority and I have to accept it as a package deal. I know she does try to make time for me on the weekends, but her attention is almost always divided between me and puppy. I can't hate the dog, its nice, but I can resent the timing on her decision to buy it. But I know it is still a puppy, keeps her up most nights, and takes up a lot of time.

We're both mid 20s, I'm 26 and she is 24. We are both looking for long-term, but right now we're in different places I think.

That said, a week or so ago she sent me a long text message saying how sorry she is that she is being the way she is, and that she will come around and make all my effort worth it if I just be patient. That was probably the most positive message I've gotten from her in a while.

edit: we already met the families, last weekend we did Easter dinner at her family's place, then the next night at mine.
    Last edited by Cerby; 27-04-11 at 03:54 AM.

Oh my little Cerby you don't sound happy in thi relationship and 24 should make her a mature woman..but it's not the case...what a strange idea to be getting a puppy at the same time she is starting a new relationship...

Only time will tell...but saying this...don't rush into anything...she might be the one but maybe NOT...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Thanks, I'll probably have a sit-down coffee with her on Saturday and see where she is at with us, her current expectations and where she sees us going. Last time we had one of these conversations it fixed what few problems we had, so no reason it won't work again.

If she remains optimistic about us, then its likely I'm just over-thinking things.
    Last edited by Cerby; 27-04-11 at 05:27 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12