+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't forget her though long time has passed.

Feel your pain buddy. A rogue Facebook status just popped up on my newsfeed. It belongs to a guy who I am not friends with but with whom I share 'mutual friends'. He is basically the bain of my romantic existence and continues to date the girl of my dreams, nearly 4 years after he (and indeed I) met her. I had a huge falling out with her (and by extension him - though I care little about that) when she chose him over me. That said, she didn't know I was an option as I didn't do anything about my intense attraction until it was too late. She told me later that there could have been something if I hadn't reacted in the way I did.

I never see him about in person and obviously have no online relationship with either of them. I keep intending to contrive a meeting between myself and the girl, holding on to the vague hope that they are no longer a couple. Instead, as I say, his status crept up on my own feed revealing that they are very much still together. I'm absolutely bummed out.

I find myself now without a job, without prospects in the place where I live and resolved to move away from my home where the one person who could make me truly happy exists with another guy.
    Last edited by Irish83; 11-12-12 at 07:55 AM.

Hay Irish83. This is bad.
    It's always a good Idea to act fast if you want a result.
    Last time I acted fast I got attention I deserved. The girl did like it and me, but she is married, so I got a "no", but also her interest. We started flirting but then, somehow, we've lost each other. Shame, but meh... wasn't that interested anyway.
    It would be second time I recommend this book: Leil Lowndes - how to make anyone fall in love.
    Helps a lot in terms of charming someone and keeping relationships together.
    I have yet to grow.

Funny stuff (I'm, of course, nagging again. Please bear with me)
    I've been helping her with her project for university. Now it's absolutely possible to do via skype and screen sharing (in worst case - teamviewer), but recently I needed to be in the university 'cause of my personal reasons. No one else was there.
    I proposed her to come to so I can help her further more (she never would've come, but this time to my surprise she agreed and came for some reason).
    I couldn't help it, tried to be at my best so I used a little perfume.
    So we're there. I'm sitting next to her and guess what? She's also wears a perfume, though usually she does not and I know for sure she was not going anywhere else, cause it was last day to finish the project (which she did), so the perfume was for me.
    Now what the hell? Mixed signals. Hate it.
    Thanks for reading.
    I have yet to grow.

Dude, I wear perfume everyday and I wear it for myself so you are reading into it too much. I have read through some of the posts and you did the fatal mistake of expressing your feelings. Girls don't want to hear that, they want to hear things like how hot they look, and that you see a lot of guys checkin her out...stuff like that. They want their ego stroked, to feel desired. But at the same time you must act cold as a rock, distant and aloof....as you can see this has worked when you stopped giving her attention...she was trying to get it back. Being this way is what girls see as manly, strong, a challenge...this is what they go for....not some needy, helplessly in love guy that is at her every beck and call, helping her with everything, being there for her...this is the biggest mistake many guys make. We see them on this site all the time, crying about their broken heart because they got friend zoned.

You want to play this right, you don't do everything for her, don't answer her messages right away, never apologize for not responding, always give vague answers like, was busy, forgot, didn't have time, yup, nope. Once you see her trying for your attention you give her a little bit of attention to reward her, then pull back again...make her wonder what's going on with you instead of you thinking that. You are now turning the tables on her. You do this for awhile, then you are her out on a date, nothing fancy to impress her, just something simple and cheap, but fun. If she turns you down, that's it shut'er down...don't waste your time, she is just using you to past the time until she finds a BF.

Wow. Many guys told me the same thing and I never believed it. Thought it's just guys perspective. Now that I hear the same from a girl. I do believe it.
    Alright. Thank you. Damn that helps.
    Sorry for crying.
    I have yet to grow.

Dude you need to remember one thing...never invest your feelings in a girl when you are not in a relationship with her. So never obsess over a girl...they feel that vibe coming from you and it creeps them out and you act all stupid blowing any chance you had.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    fatal mistake of expressing your feelings. Girls don't want to hear that, they want to hear things like how hot they look, and that you see a lot of guys checkin her out...stuff like that. They want their ego stroked, to feel desired. But at the same time you must act cold as a rock, distant and aloof....as you can see this has worked when you stopped giving her attention...she was trying to get it back. Being this way is what girls see as manly, strong, a challenge...this is what they go for....not some needy, helplessly in love guy that is at her every beck and call, helping her with everything, being there for her...this is the biggest mistake many guys make. We see them on this site all the time, crying about their broken heart because they got friend zoned.

You want to play this right, you don't do everything for her, don't answer her messages right away, never apologize for not responding, always give vague answers like, was busy, forgot, didn't have time, yup, nope. Once you see her trying for your attention you give her a little bit of attention to reward her, then pull back again...make her wonder what's going on with you instead of you thinking that. You are now turning the tables on her. You do this for awhile, then you are her out on a date, nothing fancy to impress her, just something simple and cheap, but fun. If she turns you down, that's it shut'er down...don't waste your time, she is just using you to past the time until she finds a BF.
    That's disgusting. Girls play games and this just caps what I've been saying these last months..

OP, you have to be stoic. Chicks dig a guy who has no emotion or feeling.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

They dig a guy with emotion later on, when they are in a relationship. It's nature buddy....the girls can help the way they feel...God made them that way. It's not intentional so stop yer bitchin.

You're right. I have to inform Billyman about how girls in early dating involves: "Shut yer mouth, bitch." "Yeah, we'll **** later. I'm tired right now." Geez, women,,
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Damn! You guys are funny.
    I have yet to grow.

Hi all, first time iv ever written in one of these but i thought why not. Its comforting knowing there are people who feel like i do. I wanted to share my story, maybe get some advice or thought about an hopefully learn from each other.

Okay so i was with this guy for 6 years, total opposites. I was the geek at school into her studies and he was the lawless badboy from time to time. We were young, fell in love slowly (when i was about 16) and i have felt so strongly for him ever since. Then i get to university, hit my second year and have my own place. We both are doing things, supporting each other. Hes working as in a bar and i'm studying at university, amidst all the crap people have ever said about how different we are i ignored it. Then his mum passed away, so suddenly and everything changed. i was involved deeply involved in the funeral and emotionally supported him and his family wherever i could.
    Three months pass and he phoned me one day and ended it, said he didn't want a relationship. Its not like i completely was unaware of it, as his behaviour changed towards me. He was so distant, so alone in himself and all i wanted to do was care for him, just try and be there any way i could. But i didn't think the next stuff would have happened.
    Its been a year and a half and amongst so many rumours, lies and dishonesty i face the situation with what it now is. He has a new girlfriend, moved in with her and introduced her to his family. My heart is still in pieces. Its torn me inside and out knowing he has shared this life with someone who isnt me. Im jealous, i admit it, fustrated definitely but most of all hurt. Im so conflicted with how i should feel. I try my best to live good life, do good things and keep everybody happy. But its like i feel liek a joke, completely humiliated and just sometimes beyond repair.
    I hate lies and dishonesty and i never thought in a million years this would happen. He has changed so much and the worst thing is the curiosity gets the better of me. I have a peep on his fb profile which is only now ever filled with pictures of his new love which i never had with him. Hes so happy and im angry that 1. i can't be happy for him because im angry and 2. that i still miss and love him very much.

I feel like our 6 years were a joke and i just feel i won't ever feel that part i miss so much everyday. We don't talk, havent for a year but i feel it everyday, his absence is always felt. But him, it doesnt seem so at all. He never cried in all the conversations post break up we had, never told me he was sorry, never even tried to explain why. He always said he loved me and he was just going through something which i tried to understand because of the loss of his mum. I just can't understand it and i know i probably never will. But im so angry all the time. Can anyone understand where im coming from?

Stop stealing someone elses thread! Start your own!

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    You're right. I have to inform Billyman about how girls in early dating involves: "Shut yer mouth, bitch." "Yeah, we'll **** later. I'm tired right now." Geez, women,,
    LOL that's not early dating that's 20 years of marriage!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12