+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this bullshit?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh shit, just 5 dates?

I clearly didn't read the original post in its entirety.

Yeah, she's being crazy.

I think he needs a red flag, too.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by fhbob View Post
    It seems like every time people don't agree with you, you throw out more bad information about your boyfriend to get people on your side. I don't know your situation from anymore than what you have said, but to me it seems like you are the one with the problem here.
    I've said it a million times.

Women more than men on this forum, have a tendency to present issues lacking important information in such a way to make themselves out to be the victim.

She doesn't want advice, or a logical response, she wants a group of girlfriends who will empathize with her and gab about how this man doing her wrong.

That bastard.

Men!

C'mon guys, lets talk about how irresponsible, and immature men are. If only they had to push an 8 lbs human being out of their dick hole, maybe then they'd understand.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL, you are well on your way to become The Bitter Man, Fras. I think there's even an official membership for that club.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My husband never had any money as a student b/c he spent it all on flying his plane. Never bothered me, I found it interesting.

You could, heaven forbid, actually take an *interest* in his music. What a concept!
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

um, you have had 5 dates, would you conserve ALL your money for your bf? or would u cut back a bit and get that dream guitar u always wanted?

I know it's his RIGHT to do whatever he wants with his money, but seeing as he made the decision about the instrument after we started dating I'm wondering if he sees me as someone to just have sex/a fling with. I'm looking for more at this point in my life.

We have been dating 2 months now BTW.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemuffin View Post
    I know it's his RIGHT to do whatever he wants with his money, but seeing as he made the decision about the instrument after we started dating I'm wondering if he sees me as someone to just have sex/a fling with. I'm looking for more at this point in my life.

Two months is nothing. You aren't even living together, sharing expenses, so you really have no say over his spending. Sorry.

As to whether he sees you as a fling, that is an entirely different issue. Pretty much everyone here is telling you the instrument has nothing to do with you & its really none of your business. Why do you insist on making the connection?

Sounds to me like what you want is someone to spend money on you. You should just admit this, and then find someone who will. You are going to have problems in relationships, tho, if you equate money = love. Good luck.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

everyone needs to have time to their self even if they are 100% in love with someone you cant spend your whole time together..
    i think this kind of relates to you he has been spending money on you because he is a nice guy but that shouldnt meen he spends all his savings on you he wants a guitar an expensive one.. you say youve paid for things aswell but the guitar should have nothing to do with it.. people want to spend their money on themselves every once in a while.. dont htink he doesnt like you because he wants to buy a guitar rather than spend money on you seeming how he has the frist coupla dates .. slow down on the sex if you feel your being used supernova is right he probably wanted the guitar for a long time and why should money be an issue unless you are not 100% comitted?

Quote Originally Posted by lovemuffin View Post

Do you honestly think that he never thought of that guitar BEFORE you started dating? Just because he made the decision to buy it after you guys had started datind doesn't mean anything. Stop trying to make a connection there, there isn't one.

Seriously.. it's been 2 months-- I realize you're "looking for more," this time around, but you're jumping to ridiculous conclusions based off the actions of your ex. If you don't get over that shit then don't expect to have a healthy relationship with anyone anytime soon.

Bahahahahaha!

Lady you're terrible. Seriously, I can't stop laughing at you. He makes an effort to cook for you, and you don't want to be a booty call? While cooking may cost less money, it certainly takes more effort and care to do.

WTF? You realize he paid for the custom guitar up front right? Before you met him? Back when he commissioned it?

If he plays the guitar, then he has every damn right to spend his money on it. It's his passion, his hobby, his fun. Are you seriously so self centered that you have to make yourself look like the victim in order to garner the kind of responses you want rather than what you're getting?

Fras is right, you really are the worst kind of woman. The kind who can't stand to be wrong.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    LOL, you are well on your way to become The Bitter Man, Fras. I think there's even an official membership for that club.
    Is it bitter, or is it we simply expect better behavior from the women we date? Kind of like the difference between being a pessimist and a realist. Pessimists expect to be miserable because of the way something works, realists merely identify that this is how things works, and continues to find happiness in their life regardless of it.

There are so many bullshit games and behaviors I won't even come close to tolerating from women anymore. I'd rather be lonely but happy than dating someone and miserable any day.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh no, I was just teasing him. A woman like that, a guy is totally right to be bitter.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

First of all: I know it's hard to not bring baggage from past relationships into new ones, but you can't do that and expect the new one to be successful. People are different, sort the issues out from yourself with the last one, before you get into a new one. It's good to be mindful, but this sounds like a legitimate excuse.

I always feel weird about letting guys pay, especially when it's like a production. It's a catch 22, you want them to pay, but it also leaves a weird feeling like you're being bought. I prefer it when money doesn't have to be a conversation item at all.

A good way to really tell is your gut. If it seems like you are having a good time just being together, the money shouldn't matter. It's the 21st century, I'm assuming you have your own job and can handle your own finances. Maybe he is backing off b/c the "woo-ing" stage is over and feels like he shouldn't have to try so hard to impress with his wallet anymore. It's not necessarily a bad sign.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerderby View Post
    I always feel weird about letting guys pay, especially when it's like a production. It's a catch 22, you want them to pay, but it also leaves a weird feeling like you're being bought. I prefer it when money doesn't have to be a conversation item at all.
    Yeah I think this brings up a good point about my feelings about money in general too. I always like to pay too.. esp in the beginning so it's a non-issue. I also don't like the guy paying because I think some men really truly still think if they pay for dinner, they think the woman might/should put out.

It's a pain in the ass dilemma... but I still always like to pay, particularly for the same reason you mentioned.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Oh no, I was just teasing him. A woman like that, a guy is totally right to be bitter.
    I have always had the right to be bitter.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast