+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your girlfriend cuts the night short to go party. How would you feel?

So she runs off from a love moment to do a love drug?

Ditch her.

u spent 3 weeks not talking? 3 weeks and then expect her to spend every minute with u? you're only young once, don't waste your time looking for things that aren't there.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    lol. you're naivety is so cute.
    I have no idea where that post came from....I don't even remember all of last night. Hangover now ~_~

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    I have no idea where that post came from....I don't even remember all of last night. Hangover now ~_~
    oh man drunken posting.

anyway, have you ever known a person who abuses either/or crack/meth/heroine/rx narcotics?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I think what your girlfriend did was disrespectful and lacking of tact and self-control. Why not go to the party on a nights when the two of you have not chosen to spend time together? You're not being irrational by feeling annoyed.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more moments like this to come in your relationship. The girl seems incredibly selfish (as many 18-year olds are).
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i disagree. i think he should get her pregnant and propose marriage.
    This is clearly the best plan of action. Pregnancy only solves problems in relationship. Then the baby can do E too. Gosh wish my family had been that fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Freefalling View Post
    Its not that i dont like her. Its that i didnt like what she did. I wanted to know if what she did was normal or not. I wanted to know if i was being irrational by being offended by what she did.
    It does not matter if it's normal. One thing you will learn soon is that normal is not the same thing for anyone. If it bothers you it bothers you. And I bet deep down in your gut, you don't think you're wrong. But it's still good to question yourself. Let me ask you this, had she invited you to go on an E splurge with her in the spirit of "togetherness" would you be gung-ho? How much of this that bothers you is about her doing E or her leaving you behind? I think if you really care about her, you should care more about the first rather than the latter. I've also never heard of starting the night at 4am, but what if she just wanted to go home at that hour? Or what if it was a more reasonable timeframe and she was off to do stuff with her friends?

Generally, few would say it's kosher to ditch your bf/gf to go hang with your friends, but it does happen. After a 3 week break though, she should at least dedicate a night to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Freefalling View Post
    I hear ya. And i really appreciate all your inputs on this. What id like to know know is... What is the cause of her behaviour? I mean... Is it because she is young? ...if so, is it a typical teenager who loves to party's behaviour? Is it because she doesnt care? If so, how come there are a hundred and one other things that she does that contradict it...like calling me ever other hour to talk and tell me what she is doing, and really being hurt whenever she ever so slightely feels like i am neglecting her...even when i dont mean to. Being overly jealous. All of these things are what a notice, they are her actions. So its not like im being mislead. So what do you think are or is the reason or reasons to her behaviour.
    It doesn't matter what's causing it, only that it exists. She loves to party, and people who party are rarely material for serious relationships. I don't know if it's you, or if she were dating anyone else, she would probably still be this way. E gives her a rush that no relationship can. She is also selfish because if you neglect her, she gets upset, but she is clearly allowed to neglect you.

Not that I'm advocating drugs, but your choices are pretty clear to me: start joining in her lifestyle and doing the E with her so you can be together (and see how long that lasts) or you gotta move on. Did I hear you correctly that she goes to private parties? How do you know there aren't sexual things taking place there? Just something to consider, but this doesn't sound like a winning situation for you if you stay in it.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it doesn't matter whether it's right or wrong. People get treated as well as they allow themselves to be treated.

As I see it, your choices are to:

1. Suck it up, accept this aspect of her and that you're probably not going to be more than a background prop in her life.

2. Break up with her.

3. Sulk about her going out with her friends, complain she should be spending time with you at which point it's highly likely she'll find you pathetic and dump you.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123