+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: kill the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    People don't need to work multiple jobs to survive, we have homeless shelters and food kitchens. Your example is complete bullshit, many Katrina victims got mobile homes for free and stayed in hotel rooms for MONTHS while they were supposed to be looking for jobs. Many got handouts of free money and spent it on crap like TVs
    my goodness where the hell did you hear that, people lost their homes and no-one helped for days, it was worldwide critisized, i myself couldn't believe it, and btw DM you don't know much about your own country many many people work multiple jobs to survive, you've had it too easy, you're obviously too busy basking in the rich lifestyle to notice
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 16-03-09 at 11:50 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, I'm saying they don't have money management skills in the slightest

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    People don't need to work multiple jobs to SURVIVE, we have homeless shelters and food kitchens. Your example is complete bullshit, many Katrina victims got mobile homes for free and stayed in hotel rooms for MONTHS while they were supposed to be looking for jobs. Many got handouts of free money and spent it on crap like TVs
    New Orleans has seen a surge in national volunteerism, because everyone knows the government isn't worth depending on. Even the government knows that non-profits and grassroots organizations are better at responding to things like katrina, or tornadoes and such because they don't have to deal with all the red tape.

Americans were, and still are helping each other, but you won't see that as much on CNN, but rather more the local newspapers.

New Orleans is still getting many volunteers from around the nation continuing to rebuild. Though there's a shift in the need for labor from unskilled (great for gutting and demolition), to skilled (actual rebuilding).

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    my goodness where the hell did you hear that, people lost their homes and no-one helped for days, it was worldwide critisized, i myself couldn't believe it, and btw DM you don't know much about your own country many many people work multiple jobs to survive, you've had it too easy, you're obviously basking in the rich lifestyle not to notice
    World news is gonna try to make the US look as bad as possible, domestic news does the same thing. They'll take 5 extreme cases and talk about it for days

People don't need to work multiple jobs to SURVIVE, people don't go hungry in this country anymore unless they are too afraid to go to a soup kitchen or church and ask for food

I'm not rich, I'm middle class. I worked multiple jobs in high school to PAY FOR COLLEGE. If I couldn't pay for college I would GO FOR FREE because that's the system my college and many others have

whats funny is that you don't even get world news so you don't have any idea about the reality, you think you do
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    whats funny is that you don't even get world news so you don't have any idea about the reality, you think you do
    Aaaand, you don't get local news so you don't have any idea about the reality, you think you do.

^^^ i get a lot more open news than you lot do and i lived in the states for a while so i'm fully aware of how your news works, its a joke WORLDWIDE

I'm sorry but DM is right. A lot of people who were Katrina Victims capitalized on the disaster as a way to "get over" on people and the government. There is no better help than helping yourself. And you are right... No one has to work several jobs to survive. There are plenty of places and organizations that will help.

where do you people live? somewhere much different from where i do. not close to a lot of poverty apparently.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

coco all i'm gonna say is in this case you are wrong overall. you have shitty system over there and you are made to think otherwise in the special word called 'capitalism'. if you saw the way some other countries survive you would think differently and it's no joke

why can't i thank you mis for your last comment??? i thank you all the same

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    I'm sorry but DM is right. A lot of people who were Katrina Victims capitalized on the disaster as a way to "get over" on people and the government. There is no better help than helping yourself. And you are right... No one has to work several jobs to survive. There are plenty of places and organizations that will help.
    I think both you and others are misinformed as to the amount of people who managed to really "take advantage" of the situation.

From what I've seen, them majority of the homeowners who either lost a home, or had a home damaged did what they could in an extremely hellish situation.

If you guys are referring to the jobless, drug dealing, poor that had nothing to start, then yeah, who is surprised that they blew the money (if they even got their hands on it.) Not everyone got their hands on those handouts, even those who were fully qualified for it. On the other hand, many of those living in poor neighborhoods like the 9th ward were shipped all over the United States and have just set up shop wherever they ended up. Some of which still sit on their porches drinking, while others taking the opportunity, for the first time in their lives to explore a world outside of the Big Easy.

Doesn't matter which city you go to, you'll always find people looking to take advantage of the system. In fact I worked with a guy who lived in Jefferson Parish (suburbs), which didn't really get hit by the flood water. He owned a nice home and drove a mercedes. Didn't matter, he still claimed damages due to the hurricane even though it was at best, minor wind damage to roof. He ended up buying an off road F-250, a gaming computer, and a host of other bullshit.

So what we need is better policies and people who will make sure that the people who NEED the money are the ones who get it.

That kind of bullshit even happens at my school. They just built a new student center here, they are going to build a huge ass wellness center soon too.... but I am a very poor college student and they only give me enough money to eat 1 meal per day... sometimes none.

Dumbass athletes get a fully paid ride to come here... most of them can't get good grades. Most of them have parents who could pay their tuition and everything from their back pockets... those ****ing idiots are the ones with the really nice clothes, who have enough money to dye their hair and stuff. I know a girl who is on the swim team, she didn't know that v=d/t. A girl who is in my German class is on the basketball team. I am in 3rd year level German, and she still can't put a coherent sentence together. In class it takes her 3 ****ing minutes to answer a question. I have a 4.0 in my studies, and all I get is a $400 ****ing scholarship to *help* pay for the cost of my airplane ticket, which is pretty much the cheapest thing I had to buy for my study abroad trip. Luckily I was given scholarship money by some rotary clubs and some generous relatives.

And then, living off campus is going to be much cheaper, but I will bet anyone here that my uni cuts off a lot of my fin. aid because I am not going to be paying $3800/semester to live in their shitty 1 room dormitories that I have to share with another person, and have to stand up and take shits, and have to take cold showers every damn morning, even when I have something like strep throat which I probably contracted from the stupid dirty bathrooms here.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 16-03-09 at 11:03 PM.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgpa7wEAz7I"]YouTube - Dead Kennedys - Kill the poor[/ame]
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

We kiyu foist!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast