+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If you had to pick one state..

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Dude, New Orleans is f*cking HOT, right now.

No humidity 'cept in the mornings, and it reached 100 degrees today.

Usually it's muggy as hell.
    Meh... it's been 95 degrees for a couple of weeks now... no rain... high friggin' humidity. I live about 2 miles from a reservoir, and 30 miles from the Louisiana/Texas border. Grew up during these summers as a kid... it'll reach 110 (or close to it) before summer is over.

Texas is great for those that love it... it tends to scare off or damn-near kill those that don't. I've seen a lot of guys from Cali try the whole "well I live in SoCal, so this is no biggie" mentality... only to realize, you will get a heat stroke, because you're burning up and the humidity makes it difficult to sweat.

Now that I think about it... I don't want anyone coming to Texas... I want the space more than company...

Though personally, I wouldn't mind spending a week or so in Canada... especially to go hunting...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Have a look through this thread, pussycatdoll.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/off-topic-discussion/27359-i-love-my-neighborhood.html[/url]

If you decide to come to California, let me know, and I will help suggest some things for you to do.
    Last edited by vashti; 28-06-09 at 11:35 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Meh... it's been 95 degrees for a couple of weeks now... no rain... high friggin' humidity. I live about 2 miles from a reservoir, and 30 miles from the Louisiana/Texas border. Grew up during these summers as a kid... it'll reach 110 (or close to it) before summer is over.

Texas is great for those that love it... it tends to scare off or damn-near kill those that don't. I've seen a lot of guys from Cali try the whole "well I live in SoCal, so this is no biggie" mentality... only to realize, you will get a heat stroke, because you're burning up and the humidity makes it difficult to sweat.

Now that I think about it... I don't want anyone coming to Texas... I want the space more than company...

Though personally, I wouldn't mind spending a week or so in Canada... especially to go hunting...
    You're overplaying the heat.

It was 100 yesterday, more so with the heat index.

I don't see how someone "couldn't handle" temperatures that hot if they take the proper precautions. Too often people try not to sweat because it makes them uncomfortable. I've learned to embrace the sweat, that dry/sticky feeling makes me feel uncomfortable. Now in terms of choice, I'd much rather live in a cooler, low humidity climate. But after working in this stuff, I think there are few climates I couldn't work in.

Tomorrow, we'll be up on the upper floors running PVC on the rebar. That's like walking on a skillet under a heat lamp.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with some of the other posters than Michigan is a pretty state (except for Flint or Detroit). Western Michigan is particularly beautiful (along Lake Michigans eastern beaches). The girls there are also beautiful, a nice blend of Swedish, German, Dutch and Finnish

*California, Texas, and south Florida have too many non-American enclaves that have culturally corrupted America. There

It's funny how so many groups complain about their loss of culture when midwestern American (objectively the best) is being lost to non-industrious lazy parasitic humans*
    Last edited by DoesntMatter; 25-06-09 at 04:59 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    And for the record, if lovesjoy had not already made that little quip about California and Texas I would have done it here...
    She didn't mention California; she advised against Florida and Texas.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Then let my modify my post

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I agree with some of the other posters than Michigan is a pretty state (except for Flint or Detroit). Western Michigan is particularly beautiful (along Lake Michigans eastern beaches). The girls there are also beautiful, a nice blend of Swedish, German, Dutch and Finnish

*California, Texas, and south Florida have too many non-American enclaves that have culturally corrupted America. There

It's funny how so many groups complain about their loss of culture when midwestern American (objectively the best) is being lost to non-industrious lazy parasitic humans*
    I love my midwest. Lived there most my life.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I love my midwest. Lived there most my life.
    There isn't enough ocean in the midwest.

I love the ocean too. East side though.

I could live my live without going to freakin' California, haha.

Texas

Everything is "Bigger" down here
    Relationships are never a threat, cause I'll Erase the history and act like we never met

--Joe Budden

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Island View Post
    Texas

Everything is "Bigger" down here
    Especially the fückin' people.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123