+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is this bullshit?

The OP is better off leaving this guy... as she doesn't understand men, their passions, or even people in general. Actually... it would be best if she doesn't date at all until she gets over her phobia of any man being a potential cheater. She's just going to encourage her paranoia and drive any man she's with nuts (and not in a good way).

To the OP... stop being manipulative on the forum... your efforts are transparent... we see this every day.

Why not be straight forward? You fear being cheated on... this guy has a passion for music... you have no say on how he spends his money... you like to score keep (relationships aren't games... so whoever has the most 'points' isn't going win a damn thing)... money means a lot to you... and you're terrible at problem-solving (didn't resolve your problem from the last relationship... and ready to take on a new relationship with new potential problems?).

The only problem I see in this relationship thus far is YOU. You're still healing from the last broken heart you had... and rather than being mature about it and SOLVING it... you'd rather bad-mouth this guy... insinuate that any man could be bad news... and cry about how you're the 'victim.'

Be a big girl... fix your problems before jumping into another relationship. I guarantee you'll have far more success...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post

Why not be straight forward? You fear being cheated on... this guy has a passion for music... you have no say on how he spends his money... you like to score keep (relationships aren't games... so whoever has the most 'points' isn't going win a damn thing)... money means a lot to you... and you're terrible at problem-solving (didn't resolve your problem from the last relationship... and ready to take on a new relationship with new potential problems?).

The only problem I see in this relationship thus far is YOU. You're still healing from the last broken heart you had... and rather than being mature about it and SOLVING it... you'd rather bad-mouth this guy... insinuate that any man could be bad news... and cry about how you're the 'victim.'
    If money really meant a lot to me I wouldn't have dated most the men I have and I would have gotten a boob job years ago and hung out at golf courses. Most the guys I've dated have been artists/musicians and most my life I have been the person most generous with friends and lovers, including offering to lend this current guy $500 to get a car on the road.

I actually dated one guy who made 3xs as much as me and wasn't comfortable with it... so wrong assumption.

I will agree I'm still not over my ex... who left me for a woman who made a lot more money than me and said that was the reason he wanted to be with her and lied to everyone and made it look like the demise of our relationship was all my fault and he met her after we broke up when in reality, he had been cheating on my most the relationship.

In the end it's just money. You have to remember that. There should be other clues about how he feels about you. Sure it's good to be vigilant if someone may or may not be cheating on you, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Dating for two months isn't a long time. And you've only had five date in two months? That's like less than once a week. How often do you speak to him? Does he initiate most of the time or is it 50/50? You are still in the casual part of the relationship, and if you gripe to him about how he is spending his money it's going to end real fast.

You can't change people. You can only change yourself. Take some time to really think about this, it may be something other than the money that your gut is reacting to. Because with the info you have presented, it doesn't add up with your fears.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by lovemuffin View Post
    If money really meant a lot to me I wouldn't have dated most the men I have and I would have gotten a boob job years ago and hung out at golf courses. Most the guys I've dated have been artists/musicians and most my life I have been the person most generous with friends and lovers, including offering to lend this current guy $500 to get a car on the road.

I actually dated one guy who made 3xs as much as me and wasn't comfortable with it... so wrong assumption.

I will agree I'm still not over my ex... who left me for a woman who made a lot more money than me and said that was the reason he wanted to be with her and lied to everyone and made it look like the demise of our relationship was all my fault and he met her after we broke up when in reality, he had been cheating on my most the relationship.

Actually you prove my point... money does mean a lot to you, in that you pay a lot of attention to it.

Never insinuated you were a 'gold digger'... you did that on your own.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemuffin View Post
    Oh please. I agree with Dalia, you are gold digger that doesn't want to look like one. Look into that dark space, girl. We can't ALL be wrong.

Trying to control someones spending the way you are is NO different from that boob job. Same garbage pit, different truck. Nice try convincing yourself you are different, tho.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234