+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Things you've always wondered about, but never asked

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    How come Coca Cola managed to become so popular? You'd think people would think twice and thrice about drinking a substance that is black in colour, has bubbles emanating from it, and has a strong reaction when shaken. Nitrogycerin, anyone?
    Not to mention you can use it to clean tarnished metals. True. Leave an old penny in a glass of coke overnight.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I used to think like you.

Ask anyone else here.
    I've no reason not to believe you
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Not to mention you can use it to clean tarnished metals. True. Leave an old penny in a glass of coke overnight.
    Doesn't stomach acid have a higher Ph value?.. coke is just carbonic acid.

use taco bell hot sauce.. you can clean a dirty penny..

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Doesn't stomach acid have a higher Ph value?.. coke is just carbonic acid.
    Its phosphoric acid and a lower pH (acidic = lower value, basic = higher). All weak acids will do this. If you put the penny in lemon juice it will also get clean. Its a fun experiment to do w/kids, btw for your teaching repertoire.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wondered what causes double and triple rainbows... I've even seen a quadruple rainbow (once, very unusual skies that day).
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Its phosphoric acid and a lower pH (acidic = lower value, basic = higher). All weak acids will do this. If you put the penny in lemon juice it will also get clean. Its a fun experiment to do w/kids, btw for your teaching repertoire.
    I was actually considering cleaning my coin collection. Are you suggesting that I dump it into a two litre bottle of Coke? hahaha.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It will work. I did this w/my son last year and he was amazed. Just overnight, tho, I don't know what it would do to your coins if left longer.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I wondered what causes double and triple rainbows... I've even seen a quadruple rainbow (once, very unusual skies that day).
    Well, you already know that rainbows are caused by light refraction in the atmosphere, by water vapor. Well, multiple rainbows means multiple light reflection. It's pretty simple, actually. If you noticed during those rainbows that some are thinner or fainter... this is because more light is escaping from these reflections.

Mmmm, now I want some Skittles. Say, why do you suppose they decided to go with the whole "taste the rainbow" thing?

Why do we have sweat glands on our ass? Right now, that seems like the worst place to have sweat glands.

Too much info?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    can a condom be too small in diameter to fit a very well-endowed man? what happens if they force it on, anyway?

and how do you know what size to get? trial and error?

(blush)
    I don't generally have a problem with the WIDTH of the condom, but with the length. I'm not particularly girthy, but often they're not long enough unrolled all the way to get everything covered, so spillage and disease protection can be an issue. I hate the damn things anyhow... doesn't matter now, I'm married and we're using other forms of birth control these days.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    I'm loud in bed and enjoy a man who is also loud. Silent sex (on a regular) basis = bad sex. I have no interest in men who can't/ don't make a peep.
    I'm with you - I love to hear my wife's pleasure, and she loves to hear mine. So much better when she goes silent and tense just before that sudden unmistakeable outcry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Q - Why do we (men) wear ties?

I mean, really, it's just a piece of cloth draped around your neck, which is kind of odd and dumb.
    Believe it or not, ties started out as dinner napkins. They've evolved over time into fashion accessories.

What are all those things you ask about as a kid, when your mama says, "I'll tell you when your older."?

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    What are all those things you ask about as a kid, when your mama says, "I'll tell you when your older."?
    Sexual content?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast