+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: kill the poor.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Well Canadians think they are the cosmopolitan good-will ambassadors of the world, although who they think appointed them is beyond me

We didn't ask for that position, we just happen to have a good reputation with the rest of the world, especially after WWII. I'll take it. Beats being hated on.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

DM, it surprises me that you, being such a fan of generalities, wouldn't agree with bluesummer. I work at a call center and everyone says that whenever we receive calls from Canadians, they are usually the nicest people who are very polite and overall likable. The contrast is our redneck customers who hear an accent and begin to insult with racial slurs. As stated before, I'm NOT into generalities. Take this forum as a sample. There are many white Americans posting, most of which are not racist or have superiority complexes. There is a minority who do, (those you can expect to respond with a touch of hostility to posts with my bias).

DM, I don't think you're ignorant, just naive and short-sighted. You through out a figure like average salary and claim Q.E.D. Consider more factors like cost of living. On $10,000.00 USD here in Mexico you are covered for all of your necessities and then some. It is cheap enough for people to travel within Mexico, and people do. The quality of life is not directly proportional to the number of US Dollars you make a year.

I insist on my argument, consider the possibility that the US government is not completely free of corruption. Do you really think that being (still) the world's superpower, especially one currently fearing loosing it's footing, it will not bully lesser developed countries and exploiting them? The mentality is you keept he poor man poor. If they depend on you, you can do whatever you want because you are their master and rarely will someone bite the hand that feeds them.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by nomas View Post
    There are many white Americans posting, most of which are not racist or have superiority complexes. There is a minority who do, (those you can expect to respond with a touch of hostility to posts with my bias).
    Not surprisingly there are far more people racist against white people on this forum and in society in general because that is tolerable. Let's blame Anglos and Germans for all our problems is their cry

A less extreme but opposite view of this gets people branded racist. The great double standard

You through out a figure like average salary and claim Q.E.D. Consider more factors like cost of living. On $10,000.00 USD here in Mexico you are covered for all of your necessities and then some. It is cheap enough for people to travel within Mexico, and people do. The quality of life is not directly proportional to the number of US Dollars you make a year.
    The quality of life index from the Economist Intelligence Unit ranks the US at 13 and Mexico at 32. That would take into account cost of living and such. But again, this doesn't take the whole picture into account either. People who grew up in the US and are poor can blame themselves, because kids in the US are afforded all the opportunity they need to do well and get ahead in the world

If they depend on you, you can do whatever you want because you are their master and rarely will someone bite the hand that feeds them.
    Not if you're the US- everything you do causes foreigners and citizens to piss and moan about how mean the US is

Oh, yeah, and in regards to this:

DM, it surprises me that you, being such a fan of generalities, wouldn't agree with bluesummer.
    That's because Canadians think they are far smarter than they actually are, and people think "rednecks" are far dumber than they actually are. My mom and grandparents are from the south, and fuccking EVERYBODY has a bone to pick with them for that. I HATE how everyone wants to shit on the southerner
    Last edited by DoesntMatter; 21-03-09 at 06:40 AM.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    We didn't ask for that position, we just happen to have a good reputation with the rest of the world, especially after WWII. I'll take it. Beats being hated on.
    The US had a better reputation at the end of WWII. Considering we lost 420,000 compared to the 45,000 you lost it is probably safe to assume that our contribution was greater to beating the axis

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456