+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 18 yr old with a 34 yr old boyfriend

Well I'm father and I can assure you would not be seeing this man any further if you were my daughter.. If I had to go to jail, I would.
    Well that's a little dumb. How you going to protect her from herself if you're locked up getting it from behind and owned by the guy who has the most cigarettes?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Come back after you have a daughter and tell me if you feel the same way. She may be of legal age to have a relationship with whom she so desires but as long as she is living in her parents home and and spending their money, then yes.. I'd say they have a right to voice their concerns with who she dates. You don't raise a child to the legal age to watch them make a huge mistake (possibly) without voicing your concerns. Fathers are usually worse than mothers when it comes to their "little darl'n"

Personally, I wouldn't care how old he was as long as he treated her well because at 18 she is old enough to make adult decisions. However; after only one month of dating, she doesn't yet know how he will treat her. I would point that out to her. (as I have here to the OP)
    Well, I think she is moving to fast with him, that much is obvious. But, that would be regardless of age.
    And, it's perfectly ok for a parent to voice concerns and talk to their daughter about it. But when it comes down to it they shouldn't have a say in what she decides to do. At 18 I don't think parents should be telling who their daughter can and can not date.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Well, I think she is moving to fast with him, that much is obvious. But, that would be regardless of age.
    And, it's perfectly ok for a parent to voice concerns and talk to their daughter about it. But when it comes down to it they shouldn't have a say in what she decides to do. At 18 I don't think parents should be telling who their daughter can and can not date.
    Yea you said that already and I (basically) said I thought you were full of shit (but not in those words). Come back when you're a parent and we can discuss it when you know WTF you're talking about. You're slightly biased since you're practically in a statatory rape situ yourself at the moment and you can't see the forest for the trees. Just my opinion, please don't take it personally.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Yea you said that already and I (basically) said I thought you were full of shit (but not in those words). Come back when you're a parent and we can discuss it when you know WTF you're talking about. You're slightly biased since you're practically in a statatory rape situ yourself at the moment and you can't see the forest for the trees. Just my opinion, please don't take it personally.
    Actually, I was in that situation, not anymore. And learned enough from it to know I also don't want to be in such a situation again, no matter how much in love I might feel.

Doesn't take away my opinion, though.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I had a 'thing' with a man in his early 30's when i was 18. Biggest regret of my life i think. He turned out to be a total creep/sexual predator. BE CAREFUL. Men that age typically don't go for girls your age, if they do...that might be a sign pointing towards a bigger issue.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Well that's a little dumb. How you going to protect her from herself if you're locked up getting it from behind and owned by the guy who has the most cigarettes?
    I'd take it.....at least I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    I'd take it.....at least I tried.
    Exactly, you can't expect a father's behavior when protecting his daughter...
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by vampiress View Post
    Exactly, you can't expect a father's behavior when protecting his daughter...
    More Vodka-eeese?

Quote Originally Posted by doppelmakemelol View Post
    Why is everyone wasting their energy on this girl?

She's 18 and is so irrational. She's been saying that some people have been giving good advice and others bad advice, but she doesn't even realize that everyone is giving her the same fu​cking advice.

I hope she does move in with this guy. She'll learn a few valuable lessons.
    You know what **** you!And yes some have given good advice that helped me make my decision and others have just told me how stupid and IRRATIONAL I am!!I dont give a **** I have made my decision so it doesnt matter!

My parents dont like the fact that he is so much older than me but they wont "forbid" me from seeing him bc I am 18 and they trust me to make the right decisions.And I came here looking for advice on how to make that right decision and mostly all I have gotten are people like YOU telling me how they hope I do move and learn my lesson!!!

My boyfriend works in construction btw for those wanting to know

Quote Originally Posted by 18dixiegirl View Post
    I lol'd.

It's too much. I can't take it.

She's from Kentucky. It makes perfect sense!

You are an asshole!!!
    ^^^ LMAO.........I love you too..sweetheart

If caring about him makes me stupid then hell yeah im stupid and proud of it!!!Nowhere have I said that im moving with him.The reason I am here is to get advice so I can make that decision!!And posts like this one dont help me make that decision.They only show me how opinionated and "stupid" other peoples opinions can be when it comes to someone elses problems.
    We are not stupid, we are older and wiser little lady...ya yer 18 and like most your age think you know it all.....but YOU don't. You haven't experienced life yet hun. But hey nothing wrong with falling flat on your face to learn a valuable lesson. So stop your bitchin about everyone's opinion here and decide for yourself.....if you were mature enough you would be talking to your parents about this and not a bunch of baddass strangers on a love form. Silly wabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Actually, I was in that situation, not anymore. And learned enough from it to know I also don't want to be in such a situation again, no matter how much in love I might feel.

Doesn't take away my opinion, though.
    Hmmmmmm hypocrite......

You know what **** you!And yes some have given good advice that helped me make my decision and others have just told me how stupid and IRRATIONAL I am!!I dont give a **** I have made my decision so it doesnt matter!

My parents dont like the fact that he is so much older than me but they wont "forbid" me from seeing him bc I am 18 and they trust me to make the right decisions.And I came here looking for advice on how to make that right decision and mostly all I have gotten are people like YOU telling me how they hope I do move and learn my lesson!!!

They won't forbid you from seeing him, but god almighty they sure would have something to say about you moving away with him, that's why you are here because you know what they are going to be against it. Well we are adults too and we all will say the same thing for a reason......because we know you are making a foolish mistake. But typical 18 year old that you are wont listen anyways so why bother asking. That's why they say go do it, so you will learn the hard way how silly this all is.

Rafterman yer my hero......finally someone other than myself being called an as shole.....so how does it feel? LOL!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast