+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The needing of space

The needing of space

So, I agree that my boyfriend and I need some space apart. We have been together for over 5 years, and neither of us have ever dated anyone else. But, how do I know that he just needs space and doesn't want to be apart forever? Currently he can't answer that question for me, and it hurts me.

How do I know when he just needs space? How do I know when he is ready to try things again?

I am trying to be patient, and not bug him. We have practically been inseparable for a long time, so maybe he's just worried about things. I have told him I want us to get back together, but he doesnt know what he wants. So difficult.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Get on with your life. Breaks nearly always mean break up. Treat it as that. If you do you'll already be on your way to getting over him if in fact he chooses not to come back (which is probably what is going to happen). You won't be "waiting" for him.

None of that means he doesn't love you it but sometimes no matter what the love or even how much, sometimes it just isn't enough. Sometimes he (and you) need to get out date others, sex others and all that jazz.

You're probably young too. That is all to your advantage. You'll have plenty of time to move on, date, fall in love blah blah blah.

For the next few weeks stay very busy friends, work, family, yadda yadda. Try your very best to think as little as possible about the situation. After a few weeks of good hard work on your part re-visit the situation mentally if you think you can just walk away do so. If he hasn't made any effort to see or talk to you to reconcile consider that your answer: he doesn't want to come back. If you feel the need to get closure, get it. If he pisses around his answer and claims he needs 'more time' that is also your answer which means: no, I don't want to come back. Anything other than "I miss you so much, and yes I want to get back together" means NO.

Accept that and you're golden.

^^^ What she said. "Space" is a kind euphemism for "I want to spend time with other women". Take the hint and start trying to look at this as an opportunity rather than a tragedy.
    Spammer Spanker