+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What did I do wrong, need advice to save my love.

What did I do wrong, need advice to save my love.

Hello people,
    My name is Brian, and I don’t have anyone to talk to about my problems. Can someone please tell me what I did wrong? I don’t want to lose my girlfriend. I’m 41 years old, and she’s 13 years younger. We’ve been together 2 ½ years. She’s someone who’s very scared. She doesn’t go out, she’s always home. She’s there for her mother, and shops for her. And she’s always there by my side and always waiting for me. I love her with all my heart and would do everything for her that she needs, but she’s not happy with this. She always tells me that I don’t love her, and she says I’m only with her because I’m lonely. She doesn’t believe that I love her. Could it be that I’ve lied to her more times and for this she doesn’t trust me anymore. I know it’s wrong to push her in so many ways. I had lost my job and now I have a new one and it’s a hard job for me. Maybe that’s why I only spend time with her without holding her in my arms and kissing her. She was very sad about this and we even had a fight about this but the stress from my work was still the same. And I again forgot to take care of my love, to take her in my arms and kiss her. She saw one day when I was chatting with another woman that I was laughing and excited. That’s how she called it. She told me I don’t show her love, that she doesn’t see that I love her. And then came the big thing. Some days ago, I had feelings, I kissed her briefly, and started making love to her. I didn’t realize she wasn’t with me. After this we had a big fight and now she broke up with me. I was crying very much. I know she can’t take it when I cry. I’m happy that she’s talking with me now but she still says she doesn’t want to be with me together because she’s worried what the future will bring. She forgave me so many times but now she feels helpless. I don’t understand why she doesn’t see that I love her. Why she can’t forget like she was always doing, let us forget and start new. Why can’t she say this again? Do you have an answer for me.

She seems to be insecure, so if you've lied to her a lot she will probably automatically assume you lied about that, too. Not spending time with her (JUST to spend time with her, no just for sex) will make her feel that way too. I think it just depends on what you want. If she's worth it to you, you could probably be spending a majority of your relationship making things up to her. She sounds sad, so maybe you should just give her the space she needs right now but continue to let her know you're there. Maybe that will help her see you WANT her, not just need her.

You don't seem to bring each other happiness.

Is it a rough patch or just in compatibility?

I think you should take some space and see each other less often. Then see if you've missed each other.

After 2 years together have you got a project together: moving in together? getting enganed? Having babies???

If not I think you're just using each other to avoid loneliness and so the relationship is just convenient.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Quote Originally Posted by HelpLove View Post
    She saw one day when I was chatting with another woman that I was laughing and excited.
    she doesn’t see that I love her.
    And then came the big thing. Some days ago, I had feelings, I kissed her briefly, and started making love to her. I didn’t realize she wasn’t with me.
    she is longing for your love and care bro... i think may be if you had just shown her a little more affection...perhaps

all ooopss ^^rather most...... women are like that ... our mistakes is like a glitch on a piece of white cloth.. they never see good things that we had done, but the always see the glitch which would be a very small one.

if you dont mind me asking bro,.... hmmmm i had highlighted your phrase up .., i was just wondering what do you mean by that?? ...

Brian, In clear, plain English please...did you sleep with another woman?