+ Follow This Topic

Thread: New breakup I thought would never happen, need advice plz

New breakup I thought would never happen, need advice plz

So here is the story in a nutshell.

Me and my Ex-girlfriend broke up on July 6th so not really long ago. We lived together, and dated for 2 years. The reason for her breaking up with me is that I didn't change when I promised I would do certain things because I was living off her couch. I told her I would start school never did. I told her I would find my own place, never did. We got in a fight and her parents didn't want us living together so I was kinda stuck.

In a way, I didn't do a lot of things now looking back that I should have done to save the relationship because we loved each other, I was just going through a stage of depression in my life during the last part of our relationship.

So what happened was, she went out with her best friend which she normally never really goes out with. Her best friend told her boyfriend's friend the guy she is dating isn't treating her right, and to make a move. The guy kisses her, the next morning she comes in and tells me that she doesn't love me anymore, and she can't be with me etc.

I find out she start's dating this guy right away, and now 2 guy best friends are dating 2 girl best friends. Every time I went to pick up my stuff, she is very angry/doesn't wanna talk about emotions towards me also when we talked on the phone and texting. When i go to her place I would ask her to hold my hand and she would. I took her out to lunch weeks ago as friends and I also asked her to hold my hand before she leaves and she does.

We had a long history and she told me she loved me more then any other guy she has dated, but she fell out of love because of me not doing anything with my life and was tired of dissapointment.

Now, I have my own place, I started my own business, I go out every night with friends, and started school lost alot of weight. I'm getting my happiness back but a little late. And I miss her already.

So now I look on facebook and she's always with this 4 person double dating couple and they just get drunk every night and hang out at the dude's place. Her social life is (School,Work,There place) and I don't know how to read if that relationship will last. She said (he is a nice guy).

I want her to be happy, but at the same time I don't want to lose contact with her or even re-kindle our relationship after more space because I feel like we had a deep connection and did a lot together. But I can't judge what she is feeling right now jumping into another relationship so quickly. She's very smart in college,etc.

Any advice, on how you think this will play out is appreciated or what she is feeling,etc.

Thank you very much for reading.

She is just enjoying her life now at full speed. She isn't having relationships, she is having flings or she is casually dating. She is enjoying her new life, and her new found freedoms. I would say that she is very happy. She has moved on and I feel you should be doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    She is just enjoying her life now at full speed. She isn't having relationships, she is having flings or she is casually dating. She is enjoying her new life, and her new found freedoms. I would say that she is very happy. She has moved on and I feel you should be doing the same.

I understand that. But it's hard from my stand point because we lived together and now she is out drinking all the time and I understand she is having a lot of fun and I am too it's just I don't wanna lose her as a friend I still care about her. I just wanna know what makes a girl go from loving you more then anyone for 2 years,living together to jumping into a relationship with 2 friends dating 2 friends does that last or is it just kinda forced.

I told you they are not relationships. She is just enjoying herself with no strings attached. She realized she has missed out on so much being in a serious relationship and she really prefers the single life. She's young and this is her time to enjoy her youth while she has it. And I would hate to say it but, you are just not the one she wants to spend the rest of her life with....love can wear off, and they realize they want more out of life. It happens naturally.

Just be grateful that she isn't asking you for a divorce.

Friendship.....well only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I told you they are not relationships. She is just enjoying herself with no strings attached. She realized she has missed out on so much being in a serious relationship and she really prefers the single life. She's young and this is her time to enjoy her youth while she has it. And I would hate to say it but, you are just not the one she wants to spend the rest of her life with....love can wear off, and they realize they want more out of life. It happens naturally.

Just be grateful that she isn't asking you for a divorce.

Friendship.....well only time will tell.
    She's not single, she jumped into another relationship with her best friends boyfriends friend right away. They hang out all the time together and she is never home like she used to be so it's just weird I know she's obviously hurting because of that I would assume.

Just because they hang out and shag doesn't mean it's a "relationship". And since they are together doing stuff all the time, she ain't hurting....she is having a good time.