+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I've been dating my best friend but I'm starting to have some doubts.(Long post)

I've been dating my best friend but I'm starting to have some doubts.(Long post)

My best friend Jessie and I have known each other since we were little kids and we’ve always been really close. I don’t think most people would think we were friends by looking at us. I look like the typical big, hyper masculine, macho, jock asshole kind of guy.(I’m not, an asshole at least...) He’s a small, sweet guy who gets mistaken for a girl because he has a pretty face and a soft voice.

Believe or not, people used to look at me like there was wrong me because I didn’t call him a faggot or beat him up. I’m not that kind of person, but I am the kind of person who defends their friends. I’ve been in a lot of fights defending him. It got to the point where nobody would mess with him because they knew if they did, they’d be picking their teeth up after wards. And because of that, I guess he felt like he needed to be there for me in some way. He has. He’s always been the person that I could open up to, and share my feelings with.

Over time, we’ve become very connected. Recently, it’s gone from a platonic and emotional connection to more of a romantic thing. Neither us had been in a relationship for a while and I guess the spark was there between us. We started fooling around one night and then we started having sex. Now the relationship has become more serious and I’m starting to feel this affection that I don’t think I’ve ever felt before. I think I might be in love with him and it’s really scaring me.

When he’s not near me, I can’t stop thinking about him. At the same time, I keep having all these doubts; doubts about myself, our relationship, what my friends and family will think, and so many other things. Maybe it seems weird to ask a bunch of people on the internet about this, but I could really use some help. Maybe there are some people who have been in a similar situation before and could offer me some advice. I’m really confused right now.

i dont see the problem mate. you in a relationship with someone you love. its natural to doubt things or be worried its what makes us human. if it was me i would be happy, your one of the lucky ones enjoy it.