+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is she thinking?

What is she thinking?

Hi

Recently a new seasonal staff member (Jane) started at my work who I'm rather keen on. We share an interest in the outdoors and a couple of weeks ago went cycling together and afterwards I bought her a drink. I felt that it went very well and I got the impression she might be quite keen too. We chatted constantly and there was a lot of eye contact going on as there always is between us. She also asked me if I wanted to go climbing with her as she needs a partner for that which I thought was a good sign.

When I dropped her off I said that we should do it again soon and she said 'yes and we should invite (we'll call him Richard) too' Richard is also a new seasonal staff member who went walking with Jane. So I organised another cycling trip inviting Richard, Jane and other friends which in the end only Richard and I could attend but it's fine we get on well. Yesterday I invite Jane for another cycle and get a text from her saying she'd love to with the usual smiley face and actually 2 x's this time. Then today I get a text off her saying she's invited Richard along as well.

Of course this leaves me a bit frustrated as I'd like it to be just me and her so I can get to know her better. I don't know if she's got a thing with Richard or maybe someone else but I've been told she's single. She's in a climbing club so if she was going out with someone from there she wouldn't have asked me to be her climbing partner.

So I'm wondering what to do now? Do I just keep up with the flirting with her at work and these 'group' social events and see what develops or should I ask her out on a proper date just me and her in order to show her I'm really interested? I've been in this situation before and it's so hard to know how to play it, what is she thinking?

Tell Richard to stop cockblocking you, damn.

Kidding.

It's kind of rude of her to invite other people along when you're the one planning the outing. And it's a pretty strong hint (intentional or not) that she doesn't see you in a romantic way. But sure, if you want to keep trying, ask her out on a proper date. At least then you'll know where she stands.

Yeah it's a tricky one. She did say on our first outing that we should invite him along next time as well so maybe she thought that was the agreement. Unless their an item, which would be difficult for me especially as I work with them both. I think it's unlikely though as Richard is old enough to be her father but then someone women like that. It could be that she's taking pity on him as he's divorced and doesn't seem to get out much or like you say she just sees it as a social thing and she's not bothered about it.

I suppose I'm confused because we get on so well and I think or maybe hope she feels like I do. Also she is very affectionate with her texts with all the kisses she puts in them but women do this anyway. Maybe I'm not affectionate enough with my texting? Should I kiss back in the text? Last time a did that to a woman she didn't put kisses in any more lol. Anyway, if I get the chance I'll ask her for a proper date tonight and see what she say's. I might just come right out with it and ask her if she's single or not. I'm beginning to suspect she's met someone though but it's just tough not knowing.