+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused and need some advice

Confused and need some advice

I've been dating this girl for a little over a month. We've known each other for years, but had never considered having a relationship. In the beginning of our relationship, she told me about how she had just gotten out of a two year relationship with some guy a few months earlier, and how she just wanted to take it slow. I told her I could do that, and we decided to give it a try.

Throughout the first month, she was really open with me and talked about how no guy had ever treated her the way I had. She said she felt really lucky to have me, and that she didn't think she deserved me. A few weeks in, she opened up to me more about her past relationship; telling me about how she had thought this guy was the one, and about stuff she had done with him, and how she put everything into the relationship and he just up and left her one day. She is so hurt over how quickly he got over it. I told her I didn't care about what she had done with him, and that I would be there for her no matter what. We went on with our relationship like normal.

This week, all of a sudden, she's been acting really strange. I feel like she's just blocked me out. Whereas she used to talk about how much she felt for me, now I can't even get a straight answer from her about us. We still talk every day and I tell her that I'm going to be there for her. But last night when I brought up the way she has been acting, she got upset and made me feel like the bad guy. I asked her if we were still together, or on a break, or done, and she said she doesn't consider us done. She said she's already made it clear how she feels, but I really don't feel like she has.

I just don't understand how she can just act like she doesn't feel anything for me anymore in one day. It's like she put us on hold, and I really don't know what I should do. I told her I would stay by her side and help her get through this, but she's acting like she doesn't want me to think she cares at all.

Any ideas on what I should do? Should I just be her friend for now and see what happens later down the road? Or should I just take a break completely from her with no contact or anything? Sorry for the long post. I really didn't expect it to be this long. And thanks for any advice.

it sounds like she was not over the previous relationship when she started one with you. tbh, i thought that before reading your paragraph that begins with, "this week, all of a sudden..."

have you asked her if she is over the other guy / relationship?

She seems pretty sure she doesn't want to be with him. She actually told me she's not really over it yet. I told her tonight that I think she just needs a friend right now; not a boyfriend. She said she'd really like that. So now I don't know what to think. A few days ago she said she liked me as more than just a friend. I guess I'll just try to be there for her as a friend and give her more time. If we never work out, then that's that. I just don't understand it though. It wasn't even a week ago that she was talking about us being together for a long time. Was she just using me?
    Last edited by whi07; 13-09-09 at 09:36 AM.