+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Broke up with my GF

Broke up with my GF

Hi everyone
    My name is Alex.
    Here i am about to go on about my situation, never thought i would have to.
    Today i broke up with my girlfriend of a year, it was very serious, or so we thought. We had our whole future planned.
    You see, im 21, i used to love going out clubbing picking up girls and just having one nighters till i met this girl. I finally decided to settle down and just live my life with her, and that is what she wanted too. We were great together, we loved eachother as much as 2 people can love each other.
    But, ever since about 3 weeks ago ive been a bit angry with myself and i take it out on her, nothing physical, all i did wrong was give her the silent treatment, alot.
    Apparently this is what caused her to drift away from me untill last weekend we had a big arguement about it and she left and moved back with her mum.
    That night she went out, and kissed another guy, just as a hook up nothing serious. Yes, i know its cheating but i then came to her the next day and told her how i was feeling and how i really felt and she wanted to still be with me, i love her that much i was even going to forgive her cheating.
    so this past week has been ok but she keeps saying stuff like i cant be with you and live with myself knowing that ive done this to you, i dont love you like that anymore, you can do better than me, you deserve better and all that stuff saying shes not good enough for me.
    So today i left her, i said if thats how she really feels then OK.
    Thats pretty much a most of it. Just a mention, she has depression, if that could mean anything.
    I am heartbroken at the moment. Any advice from anyone would be great.
    Thank you

My only advice is to hurry up and get back together with her before it's too late. It's kind of sad that it only took a few weeks of the silent treatment for her to do something silly like kissing another guy, but it seems some women do find it justifiable to do such things if there hubby isn't giving them what they need. Guys too I guess. Or maybe she was just drunk, and did something dumb. Dunno. Either way it's not the end of the world.

If she does have depression, then you should try to support her. She clearly feels really badly about the whole deal, and you breaking it off with her isn't making things any better. In fact, it's almost a little shocking that you'd be willing to break it off with her so quickly, without even trying to work through this minor road bump in your relationship.

Everyone deserves a second chance, and so does she.

I gave her a chance, middle of last week i came back to her, we both cried and i forgave her for cheating and gave her another chance. this is the 3rd time this situation has happened in a week. She is VERY stubborn, ive told her i want to spend the rest of my life with her, even when she says shes not good enough and i deserve better. I tell her that is MY choice to make and ive chosen to be with her.

Hmmmm she feels that bad over just "kissing" the guy? She says she doesn't deserve you? I don't know man. How much do you trust her? In my opinion she probably did more than just that. Typical chick thing to admit to a lesser offense, at least in my experience.

You might be better off moving on especially if she has those depression issues. She will never tell you the full truth about anything because she has low self esteem. Might save you a huge hassle later on down the road if you split now. She is obviously very flighty and you probably didnt even do anything that bad to her. Did talking to her make you feel guilty about what you did? Do you think what she did was justified? Are you blinded by "love"?

My ex had depression issues. She turned out to be a piece of shit.

we had a chat after all 3 arguments. she cried alot and told me how she really felt but now i dont know. we've been through alot together and i cant immagine myself without her. i want to try and stay with her.
    she said she wants a break, how long should i give her?

Don't contact her. She needs to contact you. Sounds like she is breaking up with you, but doesn't have the heart to outright say it. Tell her you are not going to contact her you'll give her all the time she needs and hope to talk to you soon or something like that. Then focus all your energy on forgetting about her. In your mind you have to accept ti as over. Maybe she will come back, maybe she wont. But if you keep on her it will push her away.

well, she finally left me for the guy she cheated on me with.

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I can relate in some respects. Mine promises she didn't cheat and I believe her but I still think in some ways she left me to be with her current bloke.

Spanish_alex... i know u must feel soooo betrayed right now and a complete wreck but things will improve. They always do.
    Its horrible and keep posting on here. It helps.

This forum is great. People from all over the world, from different walks of life all unite to help and be helped. Exactly what humanity should always do for itself. Too much hate in this damn world. /rant
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

Quote Originally Posted by shheadz View Post
    My only advice is to hurry up and get back together with her before it's too late. It's kind of sad that it only took a few weeks of the silent treatment for her to do something silly like kissing another guy, but it seems some women do find it justifiable to do such things if there hubby isn't giving them what they need. Guys too I guess. Or maybe she was just drunk, and did something dumb. Dunno. Either way it's not the end of the world.

If she does have depression, then you should try to support her. She clearly feels really badly about the whole deal, and you breaking it off with her isn't making things any better. In fact, it's almost a little shocking that you'd be willing to break it off with her so quickly, without even trying to work through this minor road bump in your relationship.

Everyone deserves a second chance, and so does she.

This is horrible advice!!!

Red flags and alarms were going off in my head after reading the OP's thread. She is pushing you away and say that you deserve better because she is with someone else. I wouldn't trust her full again and I think you made the best decision for you. Don't worry about her feelings because she didn't and still doesn't take your feelings into consideration.

you know, shes been a real bitch to me during the past few days i actually feel alot better that i have left her. Im not really sad anymore. Ive been going out with mates clubbing, cruising around and shit. Its been a good week =)

Keep it up bro!!! She definately isn't the one for you. I hope you could see through her BS. Don't look back because someone better is out there for you, not this minger!!!

So everything went bad because you started giving her the silent treatment? Can we get back to that? Is that any way to treat your girlfriend?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    So everything went bad because you started giving her the silent treatment? Can we get back to that? Is that any way to treat your girlfriend?
    Thats obviously not the problem here........

its ok she dosnt want to be with me anymore. im over it, now shes treating me like a bitch. It makes me want to be with her less.

Good for you man. Glad to hear it.