+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys: would you ever date a girl your friend used to like?

Guys: would you ever date a girl your friend used to like?

Curious (:

Sure. I'd check with my friend first to make sure he was ok with it but after that I can't imagine there being a problem, especially as they didn't actually go out and he only used to like her

Can this apply to females too?

I think I would. So long as she was 100% over him and it would cause no hard feelings.

It depends on the friend, only one of my friends would be acceptable because I know him for many years, I know he picks the hottest girls on the planet. He's clean, so it's ok.
    A few of them are jerks and some complete losers, I can not imagine kissing a girl where something from someone I know may have been there before, it's like I could see that thing on her face. aaaawwwwww no way! I wouldn't take the risk.
    "E ao imenso e possível oceano
    Ensinam estas Quinas, que aqui vês,
    Que o mar com fim será grego ou romano:
    O mar sem fim é português."

Quote Originally Posted by rawrrsome View Post
    Curious (:
    Not a simple yes or no question.
    On one hand there's the "code." BUT when you say "like" what does that mean?
    Did they just date, did they have sex, were they serious? These kind of questions need answering for keen reasons.
    How good of friends are you with the guy?

On the other hand if you naturally bond with this girl and you two have legitimate chemistry that is undeniable (it does happen)
    then I would (out of respect of your friendship with the guy) sit him down and tell him straight out you like his ex
    and want to make sure he wouldn't have any problem with it. -He may have zero issues with it or he may vent in a jealous rage (control issues)

Whatever the case you won't know until your relationship/feelings with this girl begin to envelop your mind.
    So hit him up but don't be bashful and docile. Be humble but assertive. If you are genuinely interested in this girl and she feels
    the same he should have no problem because your happiness should be priority #1 to your friend, again it depends on many factors though.

second star to the right, and straight on until morning.
    I'm a girl, but I am currently in a relationship with a guy that my friend really liked. I'm not sure if she wanted a relationship or just sex, but he didn't have the same feelings towards her. A lot of girls I knew had little crushes on him or liked him. We became good friends, and developed mutual feelings. I was pretty sure he liked me, but not sure enough to potentially get thrown on the "rejected girls pile" that was accumulating, and more importantly I didn't really want my friend to feel like I betrayed her or went behind her back. Eventually when it was just so pitifully obvious, it was actually my friend that really, really liked him that gave me the wake-up call and told me to go for it. I didn't. He did though, and she has been nothing but supportive since.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    respect the delicate ecology of your delusions

Yes, if the time since he stopped liking her was long enough.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My guy did. I was dating his friend and started to like my now bf. Eventually I ditched the guy and went for my bf. They are no longer friends but they didn't exactly have a fight about it just a falling out. They also weren't exactly best buddies or anything.

Secretly the friend will say that he is over her, but deep down inside it would bother him. In my case, I did it anyways. Me and my friend are still buddies because I hooked him up with someone so thats kind of like throwing a chocolate bar to a fat kid to be busy for hours.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

depends on the friend and on the girl. If the friend was just interested in her before and they were cool with it, then sure.

If my friend really liked her or they had been dating seriously, no. i wouldn't even ask him about it.
    build up! be positive! love like there's no tomorrow!