+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friend Zone

Friend Zone

I'm gonna make this short because, one, I loathe to drag on a story, and, two, it really doesn't need to be long.

I like this girl, sweet, right? So, this chick and me have been hanging out a lot. I know, what could possibly be wrong, right? Well, to be frank, I'm in the proverbial friend zone. Unsweet to the max, though I'm sure many of you have been in this fairly erroneous situation. As for me, I haven't (I don't like relationships, the prime reason being that I just don't like drama, I'm a fun seeker). I know how to woo a girl that I just met, that's just plain easy. So, I thought, I think I'll get a relationship. See how that works out. And you know what? It's not working, in any sense of the word (except maybe her extorting my work money). Problem is, I've fallen quite hard for this girl. I figured the best relationship is one in which we start as friends, and go from there. I'm not attractive, so maybe I went about that all wrong. Girls typically only go out with me (for that one night) due to a combination of alcohol and my deliciously charming demeanor.

So, I come to you, you sex-driven stallions of the love forums, what should I do? Should I cut off all ties, and then revisit the situation in a month or two and do my typical wooing (with the likelihood of no relationship with her, and a likely loss of a friend). Or, do I just stay as friends with her? I don't want to lose her, but, damn, I don't want to be hung up on her. My game is seriously diminished with her constantly on my mind. What do you guys and gals think?

My original version wasn't very clean, so if you find something offensive, I do apologize.

It all depends on how frustrating it is for you to be in the dreaded friend zone. If it's just a minor annoyance, that's one thing. If it's a constant cause of frustration for you when you're with her, then I would say, move on and just hang out with your buddies for now. If you want more with her, why settle for less? If you're really just friends with her that may mean you'll have to listen to her talk about other guys. Just doesn't seem worth it emotionally.

Sure, you could stay friends with her in the hopes that soon she'll see you as something more, but there are no guarantees. If you're ok with this, then stay friends with her. It's not personally something I can do. Maybe it's a pride thing with me...I dunno.

P.S. Nothing offensive in your post. This is a tough crowd to offend so give us your best shot
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin