+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Newly Dumped Dude.

Newly Dumped Dude.

First off, Hi. I just wanted to see what kind of advice this forum has to offer.

I was with a girl for almost 2 years. I lived with her and her parents for almost a year of it. We had our ups and downs, just like any relationship. Unfortunately she suffers from sporadic bouts of depression, low self-esteem, and social anxiety. It was a little straining on our relationship, but as we moved forward, I began to understand her needs better.

A couple months ago, we had to make the decision that I had to move back to my home area. This was not based on our relationship, but for legal issues that neither of us have control over. Without going into details, She has to live with her parents for a bit longer, and I had to move back here. There is about an hour drive between us. She can't leave her state, but I can leave mine. We've dealt with stuff like this for awhile, and it really wasn't too straining on our relationship.

The problem is I was never very....open with my feelings. I love her to death. I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with her. Before you assume I'm asking how to get her back right away, I'm not. I know she needs her space and time to think. I have had a hard time accepting it, but I also love her enough to respect her feelings.

The day after I moved down here she called me before work and told me that she thinks it would be best if we broke up for awhile. She wants to sort out her life. She hasn't been single since she was 15 (she's 25 now). She said she wasn't sure if she was really in love with me anymore, and she just wants to be single for awhile. She still cares for me, and has felt really guilty about the break up.

A week later, I have come to accept it. I have talked to her a little bit. I've told her how I felt. Now I want to make sure that I'm doing the right thing by cutting off most contact with her. I feel like if I talk to her, or see her, that she'll have a harder time with her self-growth thing. I have come to realize what I need to do for myself, so I have begun the process of learning what my feelings really are.

She did not say that we could never get back together. Hope for the best, Except the worse. She told me she has an emotional wall up right now, and I don't want to break that wall down for her.

Am I doing the right thing now by not contacting her? She knows she can talk to me anytime she wants. And I suspect she will be in the next couple days.

I do love her to death. I want whats best for her. I know what I have to do for myself, and she said she's not saying this is definately forever. She just wants some alone time.

dear dont worry))

life is going on,she was just a part in your life.) I say to you like this.But i realised after third day of she left me,forget about her
    if she had left you for once she will leave you again and again.Good luck.Drink a bit,play computer games.Socialize forget her.She doesnt care about you so you shouldnt either

You are doing the right thing not contacting her. I think she is probably trying to be kind and let you down easy by pretending there is no finality to her actions, which is leading you on, but it's not likely you two will get back tgether. . It's probably time to start looking forward.