+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed Messages

Mixed Messages

I broke up with my girlfriend of 4 years about two months ago. The break up is mutual and I have been doing fine for those two months. This week all of a sudden I feel that I can not live with out her and am afriad of losing her to another man (if she finds one). She has been sending mixed signals (at least mixed to me). We talk everynight and are still best friends, but to me it is a little weird when your 'bff' sends xoxoxo in a goodnight text everynight. She says she is to busy with school not to date and is not even looking. When I hint that i want to get back together she jsut reaffirms that she is too busy with school to date. What could those xoxoxox mean and other late night texts like "You know i really do care about you" or "you really are the best friend i could have" mean?

Confused Ex

Well since the break-up was mutual then it shouldn't be that bad . . . I guess you're just relapsing a bit, 2 months after 4 years is a short time.

Ask yourself, do you want to get back together? . . if so then continue on . . . if not, then ignore and maybe even don't return her communication as often - tell her you need more space.