+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating sisters...

Dating sisters...

Good evening -

My name is Tommi Hokkanen and I live in Finland. This is my first message on this forum, so please forgive me if I do something wrong.

I need your help on a delicate matter. My problem is that I used to go to school with a guy and after graduation we both got a job in the same division in out company. Now, three years after I met him first, we have become good mates and we talk to each other every day.

Few weeks ago he invited me to a party at his house and I went there. I got to know his sister, who is very attractive and nice. We had a long chat I really started to like her. I don't know if she likes me in any way, but there is only one way to find out. Ask her on a date and try to figure out how she feels.

My problem is my friend. Of course there is a ground rule, that you don't date your friends's sisters. How ever, he is not my childhood friend and his sister is older than I am (I am 24, she's 25). I don't know how to tell my friend that I would like to date his sister and I definetly don't know how to ask her, because she might just think of me as "one of her little brothers friend".

Could someone give me some advice on how to deal with it...I would really like any comments about this matter, please give me some...

I say you simply tell your friend that you intend to ask his sister out, and then do it (unless you are a jerk). She is 25, not a little girl anymore, and you aren't significantly younger.

One of my sisters married my brother's best friend, by the way, so it could happen...

I agree with shh. You never know your friend may even be able to help you.
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would talk with your friend about this like what shh said and find out how he feels about it. If he is against it though I wouldn't ask her out. You don't want to ruin your friendship for something like that.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Tone Guest
    Just posting to support shh!.