+ Follow This Topic

Thread: are school marks a factor in freindships

are school marks a factor in freindships

how of u guys still talk to ppl or hang with ur freinds from HS. i'm 24 and the HS i went to was mainly chinese and white, -i didn't get along with any of em. the cihinese didn't like to assocaite with me b/c i was a C avg student -just not academecially blessed. school and marks was everything to asian-chinese students. i even had stuff said like-woww thats a low mark-said it harshly too"-in cantonese.
    the whites were pretty much all skaters-they didn't really accept me into their group either.
    i think that was the main reason for myself being a loner. any chinese or any guys out there that was pretty much like a loner in HS-never went out with a bunch of freinds on a fri, sat, sun night.
    i mean i had freinds u talk to -more like aquintances but not like freinds the type u would hang out with on a fri, sat night or out of school time.
    yea my youth days are like crap, the thing is in college its like that now too.

do u think that being chinese cbc guy and lets say ur chinese or asian too or what not-if u get low marks C+ B- avg , that it would be a repellent to one wanting to be friends with me. all i am sayin is are my marks -is it really whats stopping me from gaining freinds. i think in a way since the chinese are so gung ho about school and marks and gettin into a university.

I for one, never associate with anyone with less than an A- average (3.75 GPA)
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

I doubt your grades were as much an issue as your sensitivity to the difference in achievement level is. Most people will like you if you are nice and reasonably interesting, even if you are only an average student.

The majority of my current friends were friends of mine in high school. I have no clue what grades they received.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    grades didn't make a difference to me ... i don't see where your GPA would come into play in friendship ... common interests weighed more to me than academics ...

i went to a predominantly asian/black/hispanic high school ... 90% of the white folks went to private high schools it seemed ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

joe45----"all i am sayin is are my marks -is it really whats stopping me from gaining freinds. i think in a way since the chinese are so gung ho about school and marks and gettin into a university."

Getting good marks is all about competing. Seeing who's the best. But it shouldn't have stopped them from being friends with you. Still, I do understand where you're coming from. Work on your other talents.

People did that when I was in high school...

Note: High School.

Maybe it's actually you who feels that marks matter? I don't know.. personally marks don't mean shit to me.. after all, I'm not going to be friends with your ability to add 2 and 4 am I? I'm going to be friends with YOU, as a whole, weather you're good at math or not.

Tone Guest
    Hey! It's missguided.rose!

Haven't seen you in awhile

(:

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I keep very few friends from HS. Only one real close one. Mostly because HS was also total crap for me, and I don't consider anyone from my school friend-worthy. They were all petty and clique-y too. That's just how HS is...just don't let that mentality follow you into your adult life.

As for the grades thing.....yeah, a lot of asians ARE very big on their education, which is not a bad thing. But there are also plenty who DON'T let their GPA rule their life. There are so many types of people out there, so go out and do stuff you like and you'll meet like minded people. Life's too short to be worried about why a select group of people don't want to be friends with you, really.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

in Japan , most students suicide because they dont get accepted to the best college/university of their choice ...

"bohoo , i dint go to chinkawa college . but i got admitted to ****usan college ... ahh mommy ... " : jumps from bridge onto asphalt ... SPLAT !

i say ... STUPIDDD ... "hey moron , if your about to jump , why not at least come to america and open a damn store ... damn waste of life " ... geez , 1 time in their life they arent no.1 and they want to suicide ... those ppl deserve a good reality beating .

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    "bohoo , i dint go to chinkawa college . but i got admitted to ****usan college ... ahh mommy ... "
    LOL this made me laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Hey! It's missguided.rose!

Haven't seen you in awhile

(:
    I know.. but it's good to be back (both here and in my own country), Surprised you remembered me =)