+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya
    What are these HUGE assumptions in my statement? Are you saying that energy and mass are not interelated? Are you suggesting that energy is NOTHING? And that if a scientist says that NOTHING has existed before Big Bang are you suggesting that they are in fact reffering to energy (As in when they say nothing existed they mean nothing but energy)? Because if you are, you realize what this means. You are suggesting that Bang Bang did not create space, time and the universe and these in fact exsited in various OTHER forms before the Bang occured. Thus you are in effect denying the whole theory
    The only thing I've said is that you need to THINK more. And if that puts your back up, maybe you should also think about why that is. I'm not denying any theory, only your interpretation of it. You don't want to learn, unfortunately, you want to argue and until you make the leap from one to the other this is the level your understanding will stay at. You are stil subscribing to the word of "experts" without thinking for yourself what this means. And yes, I can say this, being one of those so-called "experts". Good luck.

I have never heard of this nothing from nothing you speak of. Why? Because obviously we are something and the universe is something. So, as I see it nothing is irrelative.

I think that you need to think more. So many people base their thinking on scientific proof. But science will one day say this and then one day says that because proof is in the details and observations. Theory of mathematics is often found to be incorrect given the level of actual data of events that are observable. Which is why the theory will remain theory. You are discussing things beyond what is necessary for understanding.

I think therefore I am, is the real beginning, not sub atomic conjecture, or string theory mathematics.

The point is that we are here, we think, and we can contemplate our own place in the universe. The fact alone that we have this ability is something that not science but only religion can explain. The truth is that science and religion are one and the same. It is only short sighted prideful purists that deny this.

Only religion can explain why science will never be able to prove or disprove the existence of God. It is sad that so many overlook this.

As for you so called atheists, may god have mercy upon your soul. I have never met a scholarly atheist. This is because virtually all atheists are simply rebelling against the establishment. They spend no time researching or questioning their lack of belief, yet they are the first ones to charge others for not questioning their own beliefs in God. Atheists claim to have no religion or no standards of life, yet all live lives or morality and guilt. Not one truly lives their life as if there is no God. Instead they merely are content to constantly challenge others to explain their belief and prove God to them. What spoiled children they are. I challenge any atheist to live his life according to his or her lack of belief. No, they will not do this because the absence of their belief is likened to simple rebellion.

Not once have a seen an atheist live their life like there is no tomorrow. Instead I only see the truly religious live their life like today could be their last day. I challenge any atheist to take what he wants from life and will laugh as they suffer the psychological downfall of utter pathological inner destruction; for this is what happens to all so called atheists who actually attempt to live their lives according to their dementia and denial of the establishment of religion. Be my guest if you think that you will turn out differently than the other fools locked away in the padded cells of institutions.

No, of the two who actually practice their faith, the atheist and the religious, only the religious end up in peace, tranquility, and self actualization. The evidence is staggering that the faithful live happier and more complete lives. Only the foolish children living in denial of the facts would claim otherwise.

hi all

actully this is a very beautifl thread.....

religion for me actully every thing in my life..

i am a muslim...and i want to work as much as i can to let others know about the wonderful islam...and thats because islam is misunderstood....and i want others to know the right islam....

for that i need a muslim husband of course .... not any muslim..i want a muslim that is really cares about islam .. really care about this great message...

i want muslim keds ..that do good thing to islam...the religion of peace...

i need a muslim husband to cooperate together to do this goal....

[URL=http://www.islamway.com/mohammad/?lang=eng]WHO IS MOHAMMED...P.B.U.H[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/uiatm/un_islam.htm]understanding islam and muslims[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Pickle
    As for you so called atheists, may god have mercy upon your soul. I have never met a scholarly atheist.
    I don't know who specifically you are referring to, but I find true believers and hard-core atheists to be two sides of the same coin. Both are so absolutely certain of their position, they can stop thinking about the truth of their claims. After all, once you know that two plus two equals four, how much time do you spend thinking about whether or not it is true? In my opinion, to be genuinely scholarly requires one to be agnostic because the agnostic will question both positions.

Still, I can't take seriously anyone who flatly rejects that which has been discovered through science.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    I don't know who specifically you are referring to, but I find true believers and hard-core atheists to be two sides of the same coin. Both are so absolutely certain of their position, they can stop thinking about the truth of their claims.
    but atheist – no matter how hard-core they may be – do not "persuade" anyone of the thruth of their claims by killing them. hard-core christians, as well as muslims, on the other hand … (i think, y'all know, what i'm talking about, i don't have to elaborate on that one, do i?)

True. I have yet to see an atheist kill anyone for believing differently than they do. I tend to like atheists better than hard=core religious people. They don't continually damn me to hell while trying to save my soul.
    :-)

Tone Guest
    What the hell did you start here Bluevette...

wow, this thread is my cup of tea, when i have more time, i shall revisit.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    What the hell did you start here Bluevette...
    He hasn't posted again since page one...
    ::chicken::

i haven't seen one.m in a long time...

True. I have yet to see an atheist kill anyone for believing differently than they do. I tend to like atheists better than hard=core religious people. They don't continually damn me to hell while trying to save my soul.
    This always drives me crazy shh!. My lack of faith is MY lack of faith, yet everyone I know who is of faith constantly yells at me that I'm going to hell and they try to make me go to church and "save myself." I don't understand it at all. I don't try to push my beliefs on them, but they always try to push theirs on me, which just makes me even more sour to the church in general.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well said, shh. I've never seen such blind hatred as I have from religious people. Those people that preach tolerance seem to practice it the least.

I personally don't follow a religion because it was implemented by man, not by God, and therefore has little or nothing to do with God. It has more to do with man wanting to give himself something to believe in and something they can lord over others to create postions of power. Literally creating the 'holier than thou' ideal. Even among religious people there are ranks and comparisons (and religious 'leaders'....another position of power). The 'holy books' are all written by men and we are told they are the words of God. Are we supposed to take the word of these self-proclaimed 'holy men' and just believe that God spoke to them personally? I don't think so.

If you want to run on blind faith, that's anyone's right but they need to remember it's exactly that....blind. You can choose to live a good, morally sound life of your own accord, or you can be scared into being a good person with threats of frying in hell when you die. I am a good person for no other reason than not wanting to spread more misery around this planet. Misery that, over the ages, has been largely contributed to by religion itself.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

indigosoul Guest
    I have never heard of this nothing from nothing you speak of. Why? Because obviously we are something and the universe is something.
    I had this dream last night, that I was married to Ralph Fiennes and we were fabulously happy with many children and lots of $$ and it was so....real. Obviously.

I doubt very much that simply b/c YOU haven't heard of something means it does or doesn't exist.

indigosoul Guest
    As for you so called atheists, may god have mercy upon your soul. I have never met a scholarly atheist.
    You don't get out much, do you? The atheists _I_ know are constantly assessing their belief system. Since there are so many here that hold the importance of "experts", I'll tell you I've met Nobel Laureates (in science), that think along these lines, but I suppose you wouldn't consider those ppl "scholarly".

Maybe you should define "scholarly" for us. Go ahead. I'm sure this will be amusing...
    Last edited by indigosoul; 16-01-06 at 03:49 AM.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast