+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roommates... grrr!

Roommates... grrr!

I have some roommate issues that never seem to get solved! 2 of the 3 are disgusting pigs!!! They let dishes pile up and they sit on the counter/table/sink/stovetop for weeks! I finally told them that anytime they use any of my dishes and they sit dirty for more than 2 days I will wash them and pack them up. And considering they use more of my dishes than their own I hope it makes a difference. I have confiscated 2 bowls, 2 forks, and 3 spoons so far, but I don't think they have noticed yet. My one "good" roommate and I are the only ones that take out the trash and wash dishes. I am the only one that sweeps, mops, cleans the bathroom, dusts, etc. I am so fed up I could scream!!! And the two that are the biggest slobs are friends of mine, so it's hard for me to confront them because I hate conflict. I've said things before, but they just ignore me for a day or two and keep up with their piggish ways! I'm not overly obsessive about being clean (although I worked as a cleaning lady for a year). I think my expectations are reasonable. My friends that I don't live with agree that my two roommates are slobs! I dont' know what to do! There are 4 months left of my lease - I can't wait to move!!!!

you will have to confront them if you don't want to lose your friendship over this. don't yell at them just tell them that they'll have to do their part. make a list of things that need to get done and try to work out a way to solve the problem. if they don't want to start cleaning then move. but don't just move and not say anything, that's silly.

Tone Guest
    I feel ya man.

I have 2 roommates too and the thing that bothers me the most is they NEVER rinse off their dishes.. it makes things so much easier and it takes like FIVE seconds to do.. nothing more gross than like 3 day old, hard ketchup stuck to the plate.. or the spoon stuck to the cereal bowl bound by crusty old milk/cereal~

ew. kinda sounds like me .

You just have to deal w/it, and then, don't sign a lease to live w/them again next yr. I live w/1 person, but last yr he and I lived w/a couple and they were the biggest slobs I've ever seen. It reached the point where when we found her hair all over the shower drain every day, we'd put it on a paper plate, and lay it on her pillow. Their being such slobs resulted in us not speaking to each other from Nov to May, until we had it out about who got what from the security deposit.

My old house mate was annoying! I once brought some of my friends round after a night out, we were being quite loud and she complained which is fair enough, and we did quiet down. She's a hypercrit as she did this at least 3 times a week!

She was really anal as well, going mad because I left some sweet corn in the sink. I think she had some form of OCD.

Do what misombra did, and start dating them.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

that's messed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Do what misombra did, and start dating them.
    thanks for the advice, but my roommies are all female and I don't swing that way! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gHEXjt
    You just have to deal w/it, and then, don't sign a lease to live w/them again next yr. I live w/1 person, but last yr he and I lived w/a couple and they were the biggest slobs I've ever seen. It reached the point where when we found her hair all over the shower drain every day, we'd put it on a paper plate, and lay it on her pillow. Their being such slobs resulted in us not speaking to each other from Nov to May, until we had it out about who got what from the security deposit.
    Yeah, we've got that problem at my house too! Even worse actually! So nasty... our drain gets clogged often and yesterday I went into the bathroom to take a shower but decided I could wait when I saw little hairs all over the side of the tub. My roommate must have shaved her legs! yuck! So I pulled the hair out of the drain, poured down a big a** bottle of Drano and scrubbed the tub. It was SOOOO gross!!! Then today I was sick of looking at the dirty shower curtains, so I took those down and washed them. At least when I cleaned at other houses I got paid!!!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i think that is one of the harder parts of moving in with your friends. it's hard to confront them about certain things when you know that a fight will brew. i think that you have to keep bringing it up if you want anything to change.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Tone Guest
    Whoa I thought you were a guy.. I didn't know girls were that dirty!

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Whoa I thought you were a guy.. I didn't know girls were that dirty!
    Haha! Yeah, you'd be suprised! I didn't know girls were that dirty either! Guess there are pigs in both genders

Tone Guest
    PT sweetheart, did I ever tell you how our gallery works?

:)

Oh, gawd, Tone! Always sniffing around skirts for a peek. Sheesh.
    Speak less. Say more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast