+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i need some good advice

i need some good advice

i have been going out with my current girlfriend for almost 4 months now... but i had been trying to go out with her sense may of last year. the problem i have been having is she wont show me affection or treat me like her boyfriend. her last boyfriend treated her like shit and cheated on her all the time. she went out with him 2 years and she doesnt want to get hurt again. she is hard as a rock, never cries, never shows her true emotions always bottles them up. if anyone could please tell me how to break her and how to show her that i really care and i wont hurt her i would love it! i have told her so many times that i wont hurt her and i never have. i love this girl and i dont want to let her go, so please give me some helpful information.
    Last edited by jcastanien; 14-02-06 at 09:53 PM.

Depending on how bad the previous relationship was is gonna determin your difficulty in this situation. I would sit down and have a talk with her about how you feel. take her out treat her to the most romantic evening your mind can come up make her see there is no doubt that you have feelings for her and if she is still cold towards you after the conversation and some pampering she just may not be ready to trust anyone yet and option are limited if you realy care for you let her know that you only have time for her. if that fails then your only option is to seek out some one who can appreciate some one who tries there best to please them and care for them.

hope this was a little bit helpful

thank you for the advice but i need alittle more if anyone else has any please let me know... if you have ever had a relatoinship like this let me know, or if you are a girl like this let me know how i should act.

this might sound very stupid, but try telling her a very private secret of yours. In the end it's all about trust, and her trust is damaged by the last relationship. I think giving her a glimpse of the things you normally wouldn't want people to see might give her a better notion of your intentions. In the end, only time can build trust, and with her it will probably take some more time.
    On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...

thanks alot... this stuff is helping if anyone else has something to say feel free

Quote Originally Posted by DutchBoY
    In the end it's all about trust
    Yea, that pretty much sums it up. Be honest with her and tell her what you told us, you will be suprised that she might believe you.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher
    Depending on how bad the previous relationship was is gonna determin your difficulty in this situation. I would sit down and have a talk with her about how you feel. take her out treat her to the most romantic evening your mind can come up make her see there is no doubt that you have feelings for her and if she is still cold towards you after the conversation and some pampering she just may not be ready to trust anyone yet and option are limited if you realy care for you let her know that you only have time for her. if that fails then your only option is to seek out some one who can appreciate some one who tries there best to please them and care for them.

hope this was a little bit helpful
    I agree with this post. A lot of positive reinforcement will do you good. And if she is still cold, inert and unresponsive to you then maybe she is not ready for a relationship at this stage and you are best off looking for someone else.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~