+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A Co-Worker Interested?

A Co-Worker Interested?

there's a co-worker of mine who's pretty cool and i enjoy working with. (we work part time) up until now we have just seen each other at work, once a week. She'd mentioned one day a few months ago how she could never date a co-worker.

Today she said "I owe you a beer", because she told me that shed buy me a beer if something she was able to get a story of hers to be bought by a naitonal news network (which it was). (Id completely forgotten about that she had made that promise.)

Our work is shutting down for the season, and we will both be doing internships elsewhere in the spring. So we won't possibly be co-workers again likely untill june or possibly even next fall or spring.

She gave me her contact info, for "that beer" so im woundering, is this just a friendly manover or might there be more?...I'd be cool with it either way, but itd be cool to hear what others think.

She might just be being nice. But if you wanna take your chance, this is certainly a VERY good opportunity. Go out with her and have fun. Then ask her if you can give her a call sometime to do it again. Plain and simple.

Alexi

I think what she did is called the "try out date". She gave you her info, you go have a beer and then she sees how things progress.
    It sounds like you guys already have a good relationship the only word of caution I have is becareful about dating a coworker ...
    If it goes bad and I mean the relationship.. it goes REAL bad. you have to work with her. If you want validation that you are doing the right thing, no one can help you there. YOu need to figure it for yourself.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

What exactly is a "try-out date" ? I'm not sure I fully understand what that means...a little more ont hat would be appreciated...

I'm assuming a tryout date is sort of a tricky thing people do. They find a completely legit reason to let you be with them in a one on one setting. In this case, it's cause she "owes him a beer". It's not a date, it's cause she made a deal and is holding up to her side of the bargain.

It's a tricky way of asking you out, but not on a "date" setting. Tricky tricky women. The tricky bastards they are . . . .

Alexi

so is that like a "dating loophole?" Where you wanna date the person but dont wanna get rejected?

or is it youre trying to figure out if you'd like to date this person?

It's part two.

I agree.

part two..
    Women love to have the loop hole. It's almost like dating but they can always say, "hey that wasn't a date.. you owed be a beer.." get it?
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Ok - I went out for drinks with her the other night. She seemed interested...but it never left the realm of "the excuse" so to speak...but I think she might like to be more...I wanna ask her out next week...(we both have exams now, but she's done hers early next week and I have a long break between mine)

Anyway, anybody have any good second date ideas? Is a movie appropriate? Or something else?